Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Increased Min. Pressure & CAs really high?
RE: Increased Min. Pressure & CAs really high?
As you said, you did not have a typical night. Repeat.

The next step will be to remove EPR as a variable. It will lower CA, but your comfort and good sleep are a priority too.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2017, 10:21 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: As you said, you did not have a typical night. Repeat.

The next step will be to remove EPR as a variable.  It will lower CA, but your comfort and good sleep are a priority too.

Removed EPR earlier tonight - was pretty sure that would be the next step - let you know how it goes - if not much change will try it for a couple of nights before reporting changes to be sure what these settings are really doing unless you would like sooner feedback.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a quick check: what sleep position do you use?

Sleeping on one's side may, in some cases (like mine), result in reduced apneas.
Sleeping on one's back may increase apneas.

If you do a web search, you will find similar recommendations from various sleep associations, providers, etc.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2017, 06:49 PM)TexasTiger Wrote: Many thanks to jeffy1958 for the excellent post on mask fitting - LL finally better (at least for one night...)!  Last suggestion for pressure max. @ 12.0 reduced the CAs to less than half but still not a good nights sleep (was having a lot of sinus problems from allergies last night as well).  Charts attached - any additional suggestions?
I'd say the next step is to consolidate the small bits of progress you've had.  See if you can keep the LL under control at the current settings for a week or so.

Seriously, I would leave the settings as they are for a week---regardless of what happens to the AHI.  After a week with the max pressure at 12 and EPR set where ever you find it most comfortable, you'll have enough data to make an informed decision about what to do next in terms of tweaking the pressure settings.

We can hope that if you've got the mask leaks figured out that you'll have fewer arousals caused by waking up just enough to fiddle with the mask, followed by some sleep transitional centrals creating some dirty data.

It's also worth keeping a very short journal (you can even use SH) where you make a couple of notes each morning and evening about how you subjectively feel when you first get up and how well you felt during the day as a whole.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2017, 12:35 PM)Beej Wrote: Just a quick check: what sleep position do you use?

Sleeping on one's side may, in some cases (like mine), result in reduced apneas.
Sleeping on one's back may increase apneas.

If you do a web search, you will find similar recommendations from various sleep associations, providers, etc.

Hi Beej - thanks for the input - want to stay a side sleeper and agree with the input - side is best for me - hope to one day get my average under 5.0!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2017, 01:28 PM)robysue Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 06:49 PM)TexasTiger Wrote: Many thanks to jeffy1958 for the excellent post on mask fitting - LL finally better (at least for one night...)!  Last suggestion for pressure max. @ 12.0 reduced the CAs to less than half but still not a good nights sleep (was having a lot of sinus problems from allergies last night as well).  Charts attached - any additional suggestions?
I'd say the next step is to consolidate the small bits of progress you've had.  See if you can keep the LL under control at the current settings for a week or so.

Seriously, I would leave the settings as they are for a week---regardless of what happens to the AHI.  After a week with the max pressure at 12 and EPR set where ever you find it most comfortable, you'll have enough data to make an informed decision about what to do next in terms of tweaking the pressure settings.

We can hope that if you've got the mask leaks figured out that you'll have fewer arousals caused by waking up just enough to fiddle with the mask, followed by some sleep transitional centrals creating some dirty data.

It's also worth keeping a very short journal (you can even use SH) where you make a couple of notes each morning and evening about how you subjectively feel when you first get up and how well you felt during the day as a whole.

Thanks robysue - last night only .08% LL in one spike - don't think it woke me up either - getting used to the soft cervical collar and pillow positions mostly bothering me at this time.  Last changes have greatly reduced the CA to overall percentage - was running over 50% CA and now under 25% of the total - all numbers moving in the right direction - lastnight AHI was 3.12 with 6.29 the night before.  Maybe a little better night's sleep and believe it will be much better after getting used to the cervical collar - not as soft as I would like....
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to hear things are moving in the right direction for you. The soft cervical collars come in may widths and softness levels, so experiment and find what works for you. Settings should pretty much settle in for a bit to get a good baseline. This is fantastic progress!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2017, 02:29 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Good to hear things are moving in the right direction for you.  The soft cervical collars come in may widths and softness levels, so experiment and find what works for you.   Settings should pretty much settle in for a bit to get a good baseline.  This is fantastic progress!

Thanks to all for all the help getting educated on my condition and making my equipment function as it was designed to do for me.  Last night was the first night that I had a 2.5 hour start with a potty break and no registered events - pressure stayed low and it seems all went as it is supposed to.  Not sure what caused the couple of grouped problems later but really happy to see events going down.  Attached charts to mark what looks like a good start point in getting better sleep and dialing down the events.  Thanks to all again! 

[Image: dEgTQv7l.png]

[Image: 6H8wCJml.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 231 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 124 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 689 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 104 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 116 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,413 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 212 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.