Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Can climateline tube shock you?
Can climateline tube shock you?
I have been using my Resmed S9 Autoset with the humidifier and climate line
for about 3 years now.I got a resmed airfit p10 mask in May and have at last been averaging 6 hours a night.

The last week or so I been waking up a few times during the night feeling like I am getting a shock in my nose from my CPAP.
I can best describe it as a "BRR" feeling

Have this happened to anyone else? Unfortunately I no longer have my old hose to test with.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated as anything CPAP is very expensive here in South Africa.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can climateline tube shock you?
G'day Glamdrhel. Welcome to Apnea Board.

I think it's highly unlikely you'd get any sort of electric shock from your ClimateLine tube. For one thing the voltages are very low (the S9 has an input of 24 VDC) and everything in the system is double-insulated. More particularly, your P10 mask has a length of plastic tube between the mask and the end of the Climateline tube. Even if there was a Climateline malfunction, you'd still be insulated by the P10 tube.

I suspect the sensation you describe might be either an irritation of the pillows on your nostrils, or perhaps some mechanical action where the corrugated tube is rubbing against something and transferring a vibration to your nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DeepBreathing

Thanks for your advice. You are probably right about the mechanical action as my wife rearranged our bedroom a week agoSmile.
I look for a place where the tube is rubbing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Glamdrhel,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you take out the Tube Outlet Connector in the Airsense 11 to clean? dharma2255 7 181 04-16-2024, 10:03 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 275 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 158 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 163 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 561 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 1,008 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Q-tube View 0 219 02-04-2024, 01:35 PM
Last Post: View

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.