Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: EPAP: 9 - 15 PS: 3 - 10
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Thumbsup Increased coffee consumption reduces risk of diabetes
A paper just published in the journal Diabetologia demonstrates that increasing your coffee intake by one or two cups a day over a four year period will reduce the risk of developing diabetes type 2 by up to 11%.

Conversely a reduction in consumption may increase the risk (though that was not so well established). The improvement was seen with both regular and decaffeinated coffee, but not with tea.

The paper is available for download here: http://www.diabetologia-journal.org/files/Bhupathiraju.zip

lots-o-coffee lots-o-coffee lots-o-coffee lots-o-coffee

Coffee Coffee Coffee Coffee Coffee Coffee

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2014 05:20 AM by DeepBreathing.)
04-24-2014 10:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

RE: Increased coffee consumption reduces risk of diabetes
Having lived in UK for many years and married an English girl, always been tea, first thing in the morning, during the day, before bed and during the night if happen to wake-up and cannot got back to sleep, 'Tea refreshes the parts coffee cannot reach' Too-funny

I drink cup of coffee at mid-day and whenever out but now money tight, I get my coffee from vending machine at petrol station, not the best but cheap, actually better than McDonald's and most cafes Coffee
04-25-2014 02:53 AM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

I'm kind of depressed. Back in Indiana I used to be able to purchase Stewart's 100% Columbian coffee. Here in Dixon, IL no one sells it anywhere near here. Even the local Walmart doesn't carry it.

My life is very rough. Oh-jeez Bigwink

..but at least I previously stocked up on it, and currently have about 8 cans of it in my basement. I had to convince my wife that it's a health-care cost, though, given the fact that it reduces chances of type II diabetes (even though I already have that). Whistle

[Image: 0003068431695_180X180.jpg]

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

04-25-2014 09:56 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
GrammaBear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Air Fit P10
Humidifier: ResMed H5i heated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 12.2 - 16.2
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Type 1 diabetes - using Tandem T-slim insulin pump, Dexcom G4 CGM

Sex: Female

(04-25-2014 09:56 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  I'm kind of depressed. Back in Indiana I used to be able to purchase Stewart's 100% Columbian coffee. Here in Dixon, IL no one sells it anywhere near here. Even the local Walmart doesn't carry it.

..but at least I previously stocked up on it, and currently have about 8 cans of it in my basement. I had to convince my wife that it's a health-care cost, though, given the fact that it reduces chances of type II diabetes (even though I already have that). Whistle

I feel sorry for you because your store don't sell the Stewart's brand. I have a son who lives in WI and when he comes to visit, he likes the Stewart brand too. I think, although not 100% positive, that Woodman's store in Rockford, IL sells this brand. I will look next time I am in that store.
04-25-2014 11:48 AM
retired_guy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.6/14, EPR 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Is it bedtime yet?

(04-25-2014 09:56 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  I'm kind of depressed. Back in Indiana I used to be able to purchase Stewart's 100% Columbian coffee. Here in Dixon, IL no one sells it anywhere near here. Even the local Walmart doesn't carry it.

Amazon is your friend.......... [commercial link removed - sorry Retired_guy, had to remove the commercial link per the rules, although it pains me to remove a link to coffee Coffee -SS]
04-25-2014 11:54 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  National Coffee Day (US) justMongo 8 222 09-30-2016 10:42 PM
Last Post: GrammaBear
  Diabetes Testing under US Medicare justMongo 21 889 07-18-2016 05:33 PM
Last Post: 0rangebear
  Sacked for having a cup of coffee on the job zonk 44 2,461 06-19-2016 04:28 AM
Last Post: FrankNichols
  Coffee - latte GrammaBear 20 1,283 01-22-2016 05:00 PM
Last Post: S10wanderer
  Good news: No link between coffee consumption and common type of irregular heartbeat DeepBreathing 13 931 12-13-2015 06:44 PM
Last Post: JohnnyH
  Where is the best coffee in the world? zonk 62 3,879 10-05-2015 02:15 PM
Last Post: zonk
  New Coffee We Tried me50 46 4,150 08-30-2015 07:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider