Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Increased start pressure
Increased start pressure
Hi ....

I've read in some posts here that if the start pressure on our machine is less than 6 - and mine has been 4 - that it will leave you starving for air.  I just reset mine to 6.  Will that big of a jump be a problem?  The ramp is set to start in 15 min. 

And while I'm asking questions, is 4 considered high for the humidifier? 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Increased start pressure
Moving your minimum pressure from 4 to 6 should be an improvement and shouldn't feel to high. My minimum pressure is 9. I don't use ramp but the starting pressure of 9 is comfortable for me. What is your maximum pressure. it would be helpful to post your max as well as min pressure in your profile. Also, I suggest downloading and installing free SleepyHead software using the link at the top of the page. It will provide data to help you manage your therapy and it will allow you provide data to forum members to assist you.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks... to be honest, I haven't been sure what my max pressure is.  When I was in the controls, I think it said 20, but I've never seen it higher than around 9.  I'll go in again and find it for sure and change it in my profile.

I downloaded SleepyHead last week, but haven't had a chance to walk myself through using it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another option with the Philips Dreamstation is to enable Opti-Start. It analyzes your past session and starts the pressure at your 90th percentile pressure. This tends to remove any lag in therapy pressure and ensures the machine always starts at an effective pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2018, 07:42 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Another option with the Philips Dreamstation is to enable Opti-Start.  It analyzes your past session and starts the pressure at your 90th percentile pressure. This tends to remove any lag in therapy pressure and ensures the machine always starts at an effective pressure.

Thank you for that little tid bit of info... I wasn't sure how that feature worked.   Thanks
DreamBreather  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
4 for the humidifier may not be too high. It really depends on whether you live in a low humidity/dry part of the world. If you still have water in your humidifier at the end of the night then it is not too high.

I adjust it to be higher eg 4 - deep in winter here in the uk as the central heating would have been blasting away drying up the air as well as my skin and everything else in sight. Now with the weather turning, I have reduced both the hose temperature as well as humidity to 2 and at times still have water left over in the tank.

Currently having a break in Italy and it is really humid here in the North and I have been able to use the tank for 3 nights before re-filling - unheard of before.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

Post Reply Post Reply
S. Ann, I wanted to link you to another thread by one of the women on the forum that found she had to stand up to her doctor. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...s-Worth-It It's a great story that certainly seems to apply in your case.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2018, 04:31 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: S. Ann, I wanted to link you to another thread by one of the women on the forum that found she had to stand up to her doctor. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...s-Worth-It  It's a great story that certainly seems to apply in your case.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I updated my cpap pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Should be more comfortable. Good luck and let's see how that works out for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 334 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,402 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  [Health] AHI Increased - Covid Positive amfar33 2 437 12-27-2023, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,949 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Increased Anxiety/Irritability after Starting CPAP? gohoos1998 0 428 11-17-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: gohoos1998
  Need to start CPAP and feeling overwhelmed shipofools999 11 1,222 10-06-2023, 07:10 AM
Last Post: Fabby
  DreamStation Auto Initial Start-up WilliamZ 3 530 09-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.