Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: mirage quattro/pilairo q
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 9-20ish
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Indiegogo campaign for a new CPAP hose
(07-03-2014 08:34 PM)becker44a Wrote:  I watched the video - very interesting idea. A couple other concerns come to mind. I use a ResMed S9 Autoset, and it is pre-programmed to use either of 2 diameters of hose: 15mm (Slimline), and 22mm (standard). Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Climateline heated host is the 22mm diameter.

you would be incorrect, climateline is 15mm, climateline MAX is 22mm, the unit knows when you attach either of them and sets itself accordingly.
07-07-2014 11:05 AM
Find all posts by this user

Donate to Apnea Board
NoamHadas Offline

Members

Machine: none
Mask Type: Not using mask
Mask Make & Model: none
CPAP Pressure: none
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Dear Sleepster,
I'm sorry you feel this way. The campaign doesn't look for either an "investment" nor for donation. It allows you to pre-order a Travelhose for just $25 inc. shipping. I truly believe this product can help many people, and this is why I've taken this route in the first place.
If we don't reach the target, the money is refunded in full, so there is really no risk, and without users support, it will not happen.
Noam
07-08-2014 12:34 AM
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

(07-08-2014 12:34 AM)NoamHadas Wrote:  The campaign doesn't look for either an "investment" nor for donation. It allows you to pre-order a Travelhose for just $25 inc. shipping.

I was referring mostly to the other higher-dollar options that I see on your website. For example, the "Contribute Now" button below $325. If that's neither a donation nor an investment, then what is it?

Same comment applies to the $1000 Angel plaque.

Quote:If we don't reach the target, the money is refunded in full, so there is really no risk

History has taught us a different lesson. I don't mean this personally. You are probably an honest person and worthy of my trust, but I don't know you and it might not make any difference if I did.

There would be no risk if all you were collecting were pledges. You're collecting dollars so there is the risk that for some reason you will be either unwilling or unable to refund the money.

I realize that if I don't want to take the risk all I have to do is not contribute, but since you've made your request publicly rather than privately I am voicing my concerns publicly rather than privately.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
07-08-2014 11:23 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
diamaunt Offline

Members-b

Machine: S9 VPAP Auto 36006
Mask Make & Model: mirage quattro/pilairo q
CPAP Pressure: 9-20ish

Other Comments:

perhaps you should do a bit of research into how indigogo and kickstarter and such work, specificially indigogo.

Quote:If you don’t reach your goal:
With a Fixed Funding campaign you won’t keep the funds you raised, all of your contributors will be refunded, and you won’t be charged any fees.

OP has no option whether or not to refund money, he doesn't GET the money unless the target goal is reached. OP isn't collecting the money, indigogo is doing the fund management.

if it's like kickstarter, you won't even be CHARGED until after the pledges meet the funding goal and the period ends.
07-08-2014 12:00 PM
NoamHadas Offline

Members

Other Comments:

Diamaunt is absolutely right. I don't get to receive the finds unless the campaign reached its target. After that, I'm committed by Indiegogo terms of use contract to supply the perks as stated. Here's a citation from their FAQ:
What if I Don't Receive My Perk?

Campaign owners are required by our Terms of Use to fulfill their perks. If a campaign owner does not fulfill a perk and has been unresponsive, please notify Indiegogo at support@indiegogo.com. We will get in touch with the campaign owner and can suspend their account (if necessary). You can also use our terms of service in a U.S. court of law, should you choose to take any legal action against the campaign team.
Regarding the larger perks: $100 will get you 5 hoses, which is a $25 saving. $1000 will get you two hoses/year for the rest of your life - I think this is a very reasonable return. $15,000 will put your LOGO on the product itself, where users can see it every night and every morning, for years. If I have a business selling CPAP supplies I get this will have some appeal.

Well, if all this did relieve your concerns, Sleepster, will you consider pre-ordering a Travelhose? The important point is that if I don't get the support of people like yourself, there will never be a Travelhose, and everybody loses.
07-08-2014 12:44 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Well, whether Sleepster orders a hose or not, I don't know. I do agree with his points of caution before sinking money into any project.

I will say that Noam is persistent. That's a positive thing in the business world.

oldman

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

07-08-2014 12:56 PM
NoamHadas Offline

Members

Other Comments:

Thanks, Supersleeper, it helps if one believes in what one tries to do.
07-08-2014 01:34 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

Point taken, that does reduce or eliminate the risk. It is a pledge. However, I don't see how my main point is addressed by this scheme.

(07-08-2014 11:23 AM)Sleepster Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 12:34 AM)NoamHadas Wrote:  The campaign doesn't look for either an "investment" nor for donation. It allows you to pre-order a Travelhose for just $25 inc. shipping.

I was referring mostly to the other higher-dollar options that I see on your website. For example, the "Contribute Now" button below $325. If that's neither a donation nor an investment, then what is it?

Same comment applies to the $1000 Angel plaque.

I realize I'm ignorant. I'm just trying to figure out how this works. For $1000 I get two hoses a year for life. After 20 years and 40 hoses I break even, and then the monetary benefit to me kicks in?

And for the $325 contribution that's not a donation or an investment? I don't understand what I get for that and I don't understand how it's a contribution and not an investment or a donation.

Is there some element of service to the community that I'm missing out on here? We help make a product available that increases the likelihood of people's compliance? Is that the cause? Is that what you mean when you say you're doing something you believe in?

And suppose the project takes off. Where do the profits go? Do you get them as a reward for having done something you believe in?

I'm sorry if I'm asking the hard questions. It's just that they need to be asked, in my opinion.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

07-08-2014 02:41 PM
NoamHadas Offline

Members

Other Comments:

Its not you, I see many people are confused. Indiegogo is not so clear, and the fact that I'm not a native English speaker certainly adds to the confusion.
Regarding the larger perks: $100 will get you 5 hoses, which is a $25 saving. $1000 will get you two hoses/year for the rest of your life - I think this is a very reasonable return. $15,000 will put your LOGO on the product itself, where users can see it every night and every morning, for years. If I have a business selling CPAP supplies I hope this will have some appeal.
07-08-2014 02:56 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

(07-08-2014 02:56 PM)NoamHadas Wrote:  Regarding the larger perks: $100 will get you 5 hoses, which is a $25 saving. $1000 will get you two hoses/year for the rest of your life - I think this is a very reasonable return.

A 20 year break-even point is a "reasonable return"?

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

07-08-2014 03:44 PM
Thread Closed