Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

Sex: Male

RE: Indiegogo campaign for a new CPAP hose
Alright, Noam, I'll give you a third and final chance to address the issue I've raised here. Is it the language barrier that prevents you from understanding these questions?

Quote:Is there some element of service to the community that I'm missing out on here? We help make a product available that increases the likelihood of people's compliance? Is that the cause? Is that what you mean when you say you're doing something you believe in?

And suppose the project takes off. Where do the profits go? Do you get them as a reward for having done something you believe in?

Don't get me wrong, I believe that you deserve the monetary rewards if you take the risk and bring something to market. I just want it to be clear that that's what you're doing here.

And for me personally, I'll not be contributing because all I'd be doing is paying in advance for an unproven product so that you'll have the opportunity to make a profit.

I invite you to convince me otherwise.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
07-08-2014 04:19 PM
Find all posts by this user

Donate to Apnea Board
retired_guy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.6/14, EPR 3

Other Comments: Is it bedtime yet?

Having been watching all this, it seems to me you have a reasonable idea for what might be a marketable product. But this is not where I'd be marketing it. You need to sell this idea to Resmed or Phillips or someone who has the resources to bring it to market on a large scale. You would stay in "Royalty" position for the product forever. That way you have no further investment issues, no need to make a "name" for yourself, or any of that. If it is a viable product, the jocks at Resmed-R-Us will know that. If they put their name on it, it will sell.

...and we can all say "we knew you before you became rich and famous."
07-08-2014 04:30 PM
diamaunt Offline

Members-b

Machine: S9 VPAP Auto 36006
Mask Make & Model: mirage quattro/pilairo q
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 9-20ish
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

all of the crowdfunding sites (including, but not limited to) indigogo, *encourage* their project people to create multiple levels of participation.

instead of asking ignorant (by your own admission) questions here, why don't you take a tour of indigogo or kickstarter and educate yourself about how it works? look at some of the things that are on there, the variety of levels of support, many offer 'donations' at lower levels, where all you get is a thank you, or a t-shirt for more $$ up to actually getting the product, then multiple products, then donations to the product cause, etc.

I recently participated in this (now closed) kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ano...nav_search

you'll see for the 1 and 25$ levels, you don't get the 'product'...

if all you want is a couple of hoses early, and helping to make the product a reality, then just buy in at that level and quit making (by your own admission) comments about the other funding levels that are available to people that might want them.
07-08-2014 04:48 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
retired_guy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.6/14, EPR 3

Other Comments: Is it bedtime yet?

(07-01-2014 09:45 AM)NoamHadas Wrote:  Hi everybody,
If you're traveling a lot, and struggle with packing the hose, you may find this helpful.
This hose shrinks form 6 feet to just 9". Search Indiegogo for Travelhose and you'll find it.

Thanks,
Noam

(07-08-2014 04:48 PM)diamaunt Wrote:  instead of asking ignorant (by your own admission) questions here, why don't you take a tour of indigogo or kickstarter and educate yourself about how it works?

Gosh. And all along I thought this thread was about buying a Travelhose. Guess you learn something every day around here.
07-08-2014 05:05 PM
diamaunt Offline

Members-b

Machine: S9 VPAP Auto 36006
Mask Make & Model: mirage quattro/pilairo q
CPAP Pressure: 9-20ish

Other Comments:

well, it was, till someone started attacking the concept of crowdfunding, instead of learning about it first.
07-08-2014 05:08 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

(07-08-2014 04:48 PM)diamaunt Wrote:  instead of asking ignorant (by your own admission) questions here, why don't you take a tour of indigogo or kickstarter and educate yourself about how it works?

When someone comes to me with a proposal I tend to make them responsible for educating me. Had I instead gone to him looking to contribute I would be more inclined to agree with your point.

Let's keep the discussion on the issues, not on people's behavior within the discussion. The place for that is elsewhere.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
07-08-2014 06:36 PM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Thanks everyone for your thoughts in this thread. I'm closing the thread for now since the discussion is getting a bit heated. If you'd like to carry on the discussion or talk to Noam about the product, please do so via PMs or another venue.

Thanks for your understanding.

THREAD CLOSED.

Thanks

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

07-08-2014 09:02 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Thread Closed