Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Inflamed sinuse
Inflamed sinuse
I use a nasal mask and not sure if it because of cpap or well, I have a sinus infection. Doc said they looked inflamed. I usually wear a dream wear nasal mask set to 14.

I turned up the humidity to 6 and wondering what else I could do to help with my sinuses.

I have a full face but have a very hard time using it. Thanks again everyone. Hope soon I can get this right.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Inflamed sinuse
I also have a problem with my sinuses and just recently tried turning down my humidifier to 2 and it actually helped. I’m still in the testing mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah I don't know what to do. The person at the medical supply shop told me turn down the tubing  temp a little and increase humidity. I live in a dry climate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hard to get therapy working for ya if the air doesn't make it in past your nose! Sinus congestion has been a big problem for me for a long time. Finally, after trying literally every nasal spray available, the thing that worked was Xlear, an over the counter xylitol rinse. I use it in packet form in a neti pot daily, and it *works*.

There's a spray form with capsaicin in it that's supposed to be even more effective. One of the reviewers online claims it helped him get over Afrin withdrawal.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-06-2020, 09:05 AM)geauxdbl Wrote: Hard to get therapy working for ya if the air doesn't make it in past your nose!  Sinus congestion has been a big problem for me for a long time.  Finally, after trying literally every nasal spray available, the thing that worked was Xlear, an over the counter xylitol rinse.  I use it in packet form in a neti pot daily, and it *works*.

There's a spray form with capsaicin in it that's supposed to be even more effective.  One of the reviewers online claims it helped him get over Afrin withdrawal.

I do same thing for the past week and this has proven to be very effective. I use the neilmed squeeze bottle with the little packets that you mix with distilled water.  Once in each nostril an hour before bed and I’m good all night.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] Sudden Increase in AHI w/inflamed tonsils and/or strep throat jazoon 0 543 08-06-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: jazoon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.