Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Inflight CPAP use: Don't forget the battery.
Inflight CPAP use: Don't forget the battery.
So I had to fly to Europe and back on a rush business trip last week and since there are no ASV travel machines, I had to take my regular machine with me.
Seeing that you are not allowed to plug your machine into the aircraft socket, I took my Backup Power Supply with me on the flight and was pleasantly surprised to find that the battery lasted a good 6 hours (I had never had to use the battery before as I only use it for power outage uninterrupted backup supply). Its a good thing that I took the battery, despite the added weight because the attendants on both flights asked "if I was going to use the machine on battery"  Big Grin
Anyway, if you plan to take your machine on a flight and use it, don't forget your battery because airlines seem to be very picky about it and the reason is that the machines draw more power than the standard wattage allowed for each seat, which is no more than a standard phone charger.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 "The power of community to create health is far greater than any physician, clinic or hospital.” – Dr. Mark Hyman
"The job of a great doctor is to keep the patient entertained while nature takes it course"-- A less known physician
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Small camping CPAP + battery system recommendations Greg_R 0 103 10-18-2021, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Greg_R
  [Equipment] ResMed Airsense 11 battery backup Sleep Tide 11 353 10-18-2021, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Sleep Tide
  My battery backup setup GeoffD 308 67,173 09-25-2021, 08:05 AM
Last Post: vimo1970
  Resmed A10 Motherboard Battery BKeeper 16 690 08-21-2021, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Suenyo
  Looking for Battery and Solar Charger for ResMed S9 sanger 4 185 08-21-2021, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [Equipment] Proprietary Dreamstation Battery Cables? NorthernGuy 16 6,487 08-09-2021, 09:07 AM
Last Post: LindanHotAir
  Emergency battery options buddy0329 20 715 08-09-2021, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.