Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Info on [Luna II Auto Cpap]
Info on [Luna II Auto Cpap]
Does anyone use or have pro/con info on a Luna II auto with heated humidifier?

They seem to be a pretty decent machine according to specs, and pretty affordable compared to Philips or Resmed.

TIA!

FLc
If It Weren't For 'Flashbacks', I'd Have No Memory At All
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Info on....
I don’t know much about that brand, but it doesn’t look bad. If your looking at cost and are not using insurance, then it may be a decent option.

Order the Clinicians manual (link at top of page) under “Other manuals”. This way you can study the available features on this Cpap before you purchase to see if it meets your needs.

I believe we also have available software for the Luna II in the Private Files and Links Forum.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Info on [Luna II Auto Cpap]
Miss OpalRose,

Thanks again for your input.... After speaking with the folks that carry that line, they also said it's pretty OK in how it works,  BUT it's imported from China.  Those folks are indeed pretty accomplished with building high-tech clones of most anything we can build here....But I'm pretty much just a buy American whenever I can kinda guy.

My friends way out there in Spokane are still very much up and going.... Even remembered us way down here in the swamp... And as repeat customers, they gave me a very good deal on new Philips Dream Station Pro...even coming with a heated hose for those chilly nights that sometimes come around.

The Philips she still uses is getting very close to 5 years of 365 nights a year use, and never a hiccup... It's going to be cleaned thoroughly, wrapped and sealed, and stored away for use as a backup, should the new one ever fail.... 

I really liked the Resmed you suggested, but indeed there's no insurance involved.  The cost is pretty prohibitive for us.  The new Philips is right around the five double-zero mark, delivered to our door.  Mizz Cracker is WAY excited....And I guess I'll be lurking and reading fairly often until I get her new one all setup and dialed in for her.

Can't thank y'all enough, those who make this board possible with all it's good folks so willing to help... 

Stay warm and well up there!

FLc
Post Reply Post Reply
FLcracker,
The DreamStation Pro is a good machine, but just so your aware, it is not an Auto Cpap.
It is a straight pressure machine. You would have to set one pressure and it would stay there all night.

I only mention this because it looks like Mizz Cracker has been using an Auto Cpap.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at Supplier #33 if your going out of pocket their prices are great on newor Supplier #2 on lightly used an i would recommend getting a Resmed autoset 10 for her.if that boat has sailed then no bother.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2019, 08:52 PM)OpalRose Wrote: FLcracker,
The DreamStation Pro is a good machine, but just so your aware, it is not an Auto Cpap.
It is a straight pressure machine.  You would have to set one pressure and it would stay there all night.

I only mention this because it looks like Mizz Cracker has been using an Auto Cpap.

Well...my bad....The one I bought for her IS an auto...we discussed that at length, and the unit they are sending has the auto capability. So I likely got the the model wrong when I mis-concluded that it was a 'Pro'.   He did inform me that the new one will only have a pressure delivery of between 4 and 20, but that's well within her perimeters...so I think we are good to go.

Best, FLc
Post Reply Post Reply
Let us know when you get your machine.

It will probably come with a default setting of 4 minimum and 20 maximum. I would change those settings to the same pressure range you were using on the older machine....if that was working ok for her.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
It seems the 3B Luna II (aka Luna IQ / G2S) to be a downgraded version of the 3B Luna (aka BMC Luna GII / G2) according to one of the website.

The TLDR version is that:
"Please be advised that the BMC Luna IQ CPAP Machine may be smaller, but does utilise BMC’s outdated version of technology (GI/Generation I), and has simply been repackaged for 2018/2019

The LUNA IQ doesn’t have a flow sensor
No CSA (Central Sleep Apnea) Detection
Reduced pressure stability
Previous GI (Generation I) technology
Humidifier Can not be removed for travel"

It may be a good idea to check with your DME supplier to see if CSA detection is available on the device, if not, it sounds like it may be just a re-skinned Resmart Auto CPAP and might be inferior to the 3B Luna.

Also, the way BMC and 3B Medical name their machines is a total mess.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 204 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  React Health Luna G3 CPAP apotter11 3 205 03-01-2024, 01:49 PM
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 261 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 694 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.