Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Information on OxiMetry Report
RE: Information on OxiMetry Report
Not on my iPad.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you surferdude I will look for nasacort tomorrow.
The pdf in post#10 works for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are considerably more events in the first chart and lots more pulse rate spikes. Since you are taking a dual dose of meds, we can't be sure which one is helping you the most but my money is on the Sudafed.

But then I'm primarily a ditch digger so you'd best get a doctors opinion before you do heart damage by sleeping through any advanced warning signals. I do notice that you seem to have the heart beat rate of someone who is in good physical condition and getting plenty of aerobic exercise.
Google Nasacort Facebook coupon and you can get $5 off on your purchase.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see in your report places where your SpO2 drop and at the same time your heartbeat rise. You have it everywhere where your heart beat rise over 60. I think these are the apnea events (but again I am not an expert), I also think that your SpO2 is low almost all the time.
Post Reply Post Reply
bwexler I got the pdf on this forum but have no idea when it comes to wireless cell phones.
surferdude Nasacort is still prescription in Canada.
The nose cones look too short because my obstruction is fairly high up.
I did a big search for help on the Oximeter's meanings, and the answers were not available in any of the threads.
I guess nobody uses Oximeter after the first try. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2014, 12:18 PM)breathfull Wrote: I did a big search for help on the Oximeter's meanings, and the answers were not available in any of the threads.
I guess nobody uses Oximeter after the first try. Smile

Hi breathfull,

I think you need to repeat the experiment a couple more times, without drugs and then with, and after that repeat each yet again.

I think we need repeatable test results before we can conclude anything at all about how much difference the drugs are causing.

At first look, though, your SpO2 looks alarmingly low, and I think both nights show you would benefit from CPAP. It is normal to have "noise" and fuzz on the plots caused by movement or whatever, but your plots also show trends (stairsteps) down down down ending in arousals (steep jumps higher in O2 and pulse).

It may improve repeatabity if the stability of the Pulse Oximeter is improved by adding tape LOOSELY lengthwise along only the OPEN SIDES of your finger. Important to not cause or allow the unit to clamp on your finger any tighter, not even the slightest little bit, or else this would be uncomfortable and could even be dangerous. Whenever your finger gets sore, change fingers.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll try some more runs. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Well last night wasnt consistent. 5 events but none got below 82.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 213 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Symptoms] Transitional CSA - oximetry freaking me out. How low is too low? Apprenticepragmatist 8 787 02-27-2024, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 253 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 209 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
Question Started CPAP treatment - Would like advice on my sleep study and OSCAR information Mythique 27 2,890 01-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,645 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 513 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.