Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Initial Data from CPAP usage
Initial Data from CPAP usage
Second week and I am somewhat adjusting to CPAP.  Still only able to sleep about 4 hours a night with the mask on.  Trying different types of masks, so far the Dreamwear Cushion is working the best for me but I have two more coming, including a nasal and full mouth hybrid mask.  I wouldn't say it's comfortable or that i am sleeping 6-8 hours well, but my AHI has dropped from 51 during my sleep study to below 5.  So I assume it's helping.  As an aside, I'm doing this largely because my Cardiologist thinks my Apnea triggered AFIB.  I've had two Afib incidents in the last few years and I'm trying to avoid that becoming more frequent.

I had some issues with leakage but tighted up the mask last night and that seems to help.  Here is some data from last night.  I think it looks 'ok' but was hoping someone more knowledgeable can see if there's anything in here I should be looking to change.  I do feel at time like I'm having to suck air in and it all feels pretty odd.  Best way I've described it is it feels like to trying to sleep with a snorkel.  

Appreciate any and all feedback.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Initial Data from CPAP usage
Welcome to the forum.

1. Turn Ramp off. Most of the 'pros' do not use a ramp
2. Increase min Pressure from 6 to 7.

Your numbers are good but you said " I'm having to suck air". This may mean that you need more pressure to 'feel' better. Personally I need a min of 10 cmw to feel good. Everyone's different. If 7 doesn't work try 8.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Initial Data from CPAP usage
Something that helped me with the Vauto to reduce the CA events was to switch the trigger sensitivity from Medium to High. What this does is to set the machine to trigger IPAP (inhale pressure) with less flow after exhale ends. It may help with the sensation you are having to suck air.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [CPAP] New to cpap! Just wondering if my data looks ok so far wwjkcd 1 167 03-08-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 902 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 305 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 628 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  [CPAP] Need help with low pulse ox data/CPAP data Dan E 5 405 02-05-2024, 03:41 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New CPAP user - OSCAR Data Bourgi 7 674 02-04-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Bourgi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.