Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Initial Post: XhwMikey Treatment Thread
RE: Initial Post: XhwMikey Treatment Thread
I would monitor even tonight. You can possibly predict a trend after 3 nights, but we are dealing with consistently inconsistent Centrals. You might notice a difference in feel and/or CA events night 1. If the EPR edit goes very bad somehow, you will probably notice pretty quickly.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The EERS is really a good solution that has been successfully implemented by several members. It increases CO2 which counter-acts the loss of CO2 from increased ventilation, to the extent that the user often tolerates more pressure support. You seem like a good candidate, give a mild or moderate level of CA events and the persistent flow limits that will benefit from more EPR. Basically, it is just a relocation of the exhaust vent to create that extra dead-space in the tubing.

With the reduction of EPR flow limits may be higher, so to keep your machine from over-reacting to that, lets reduce the maximum pressure from 14 to 12.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Sleeprider, Roger that!

9 - 12 @ EPR 1.

Thanks!  I’ll be back in a few days?

Really appreciate the expertise of this group!

Mikey
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh Boy - Stay at this setting???
Hello!

Well, last night was not awesome.  "CA" events went up and I also had leak issues (F30i) which I kinda-sorta got under control eventually.  I don't feel awful so maybe this is all a red herring (?)

Should I continue on with this setting for another night or two?

On the OSCAR data attached, the mask says "pillows" - that's because I was trying out a chinstrap with the P30i mask that I have (05:39 - 06:39) which I removed from the calculations but it seems the data reflects the last mask setting used.  The chinstrap did not work well so back to the F20 or F30i.

I'd stick with the F20, but I can't stand the elbow hissing at me all night... 

Thanks!

Mikey

Post Reply Post Reply
Unless you feel like the sleep disruption was the cause of the CA events I would resume the EPR 2 and leave the lower maximum pressure in place. This just about doubled flow limits from 0.07 to 0.13, and I'm getting curious what would be the result of EPR 3.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Sleeprider,

Thanks!  I’ll set EPR = 3 and see what happens.

Appreciate the help!

Mikey
Post Reply Post Reply
A tip of the hat to SarcasticDave who noted that if results were awful, it might not take long to pull the trigger on a change.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
@Sleeprider & @SarcasticDave,

I feel like with the help from both of you, I’ll get this “CA” stuff knocked out!

Thanks for everything 

Mikey
Post Reply Post Reply
Mikey - When you create the Daily screenshot for your new settings,  would you take a screenshot, zoomed in to a 2-minute window?   Please make sure that it includes the Flow Rate graph.   I'm curious of your breathing pattern coming from a 6.5 to a 3.0 PS.

Thanks!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow! That was better.
@Sleeprider, @SarcasticDave94, @Crimson Nape,

Last night was MUCH better.  I'm encouraged that my AHI in general, and the CA portion in particular has improved.  I feel better today than I did yesterday, but I can't say if it's not the placebo effect (i.e., my improvement affecting my mood) or not.  Nonetheless, I'm encouraged, and I'm open to further adjustments if advised.  Thank you!

The biggest cool factor for me is the relatively clean event history from ~22:30 to 03:00.  This is kind of a first and is very encouraging in the sense that it does seem possible to clean up my sleep events.

The first screenshot is of the entire night, and the second is the 2 minute window requested by Red.  I also included a larger area around a CA event as well as a closely followed OA event around 03:11.

Thanks again for all your help!

Mikey

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with adjustments post open heart valve replacement SistineKid 1 45 8 hours ago
Last Post: Jay51
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,844 04-18-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,078 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First post - First week of CPAP R1c4ard06 3 104 04-16-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: R1c4ard06
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 148 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 607 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 822 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.