Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Initial sleep study results - Doc thinks I may be dead...
RE: Initial sleep study results - Doc thinks I may be dead...
Way to go Lucky. That is fantastic. I am very happy for you.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Just back from the CPAP titration test and feeling decent. I made it through the whole night with the mask on sleeping pretty well so I guess that's a good sign I'll be able to adapt to it ok. Hopefully I'll get the results soon and then a shiny new toy.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2015, 10:52 AM)wp6529 Wrote: Just back from the CPAP titration test and feeling decent. I made it through the whole night with the mask on sleeping pretty well so I guess that's a good sign I'll be able to adapt to it ok. Hopefully I'll get the results soon and then a shiny new toy.
Hi wp6529,
It's good to hear that you're feeling pretty good after the titration and thatyou managed to get through the whole night with the mask on. I hope you get your new toy, soon.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
My next appointment with the doc is on the 3rd, but I got a copy of the results from the lab the other day.

"Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome, severe, with AHI 91 associated with severe sleep fragmentation and severe arterial oxygen desaturation"... "CPAP therapy at 13 cm H2O"...

So I'm thinking S9 VPAP Adapt and give it a range of about 8-16 to work with initially and let it do the fine tuning as I adjust to using it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I saw the doc yesterday and now I have my script for an auto 6-16 and associated goodies, now I need to find a good price on a machine. I'll check the various online suppliers over the weekend and then the handful of local DMEs on Monday to see what's available local and how competitive they are.

Fun stuff...
Post Reply Post Reply
My stats at the lab were AHI 12, Centrals 5.1; sleep onset centrals with desat down to 72%. I'm now on a ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV, Bilevel. Because you have centrals with low desats, they can probably get you right on to an ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply
My titration study showed minimal centrals and good sat at 13cm/h20, so it seems I respond well to the xPAP. I figure 13cm is a bit high to start the night at, and the study was one night, one position so an auto with 8-16 to work with should be able to zero in on the optimum parameters nicely.

One thing I did note is that past SCUBA experience does seem to help with tolerance / adjustment. It made it easier to just tell myself "you're fine go back to sleep" the one time I woke up during the study and felt the urge to take the mask off.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm glad you're getting the things you need. What exactly was your central index; if you don't mind my asking. Mine was 5.1 on first night in the lab.
Post Reply Post Reply
The titration report doesn't list a separate central index, but it lists counts at different pressures.

cm/H20 Cen
6 43
8 29
10 28
11 9
12 25
13 1
14 0

So the centrals seem to have gone away with increased pressure. The sat also did well at the upper pressures staying 92 or better. There were few obstructives listed on the report so presumably CPAP at even 6 cm/H2O was sufficient to clear them.

At any rate the doc agreed that an auto with 6-16 range should do well in fine tuning to the optimum settings even if I might get away with a cheaper machine. I figure it's DME I'll use for some time, so just like my truck I keep at least 8 years, it pays to get a better/nicer one.
Post Reply Post Reply
First night on the S9 AutoSet, 7h 53m and 8.1 AHI. Not bad and certainly a huge improvment over 91 AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 228 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 76 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 531 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 118 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 144 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.