Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI and hose leak
AHI and hose leak
I assume a very small hose leak would affect AHI. Would the leak cause AHI reported values to be higher or lower? Gilbo
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI and hose leak
(03-18-2012, 03:10 PM)gilbo Wrote: I assume a very small hose leak would affect AHI. Would the leak cause AHI reported values to be higher or lower? Gilbo
Hi gilbo
I don,t use your machine but on my S9 leak over 24L/min would affect the accuracy of the data including AHI and compromise the therapy.
The S9 report unintentional leak and PR System One report total leak (total leak= intentional leak + unintentional leak)
Tape the the hose or get a new one.

Post Reply Post Reply
that depends what you consider a small leak. anything out of the mask, even your normal exhalation is a leak. so it will never be zero leak.

oops.... just noticed hose leak, not mask. replace the hose.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
I think if you have a hose leak- if only a pinprick it may not alter your AHI (but would be disastrous in a condom). Still, don't take any chances and replace the hose. I always keep an extra hose- they seem to last forever- for this eventuality.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 31 5 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 238 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,410 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 141 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 152 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.