Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Input on recent increase in AHI
Input on recent increase in AHI
I have been a longtime viewer of this forum and thanks for all the information.

I have started using a Dreamstation unit just prior to the recall and averaged AHI of around 3.  I have performed a replacement of the foam chamber about a month ago and the numbers remained the same as before and machine seems to be working well.

I have noticed an increase in my AHI over the 5 threshold over the past few weeks.

I reviewed the OSCar data and it looks like my Clear Airway is what has increased.  What things would have caused this? and are there settings that can be adjusted to assist?

I have attached my data per the wiki if that can help.

Thanks in advance for your help and feedback.

Thanks Steve

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Input on recent increase in AHI
What Flex setting are you using?  

You could try using Flex 1 and eventually off.  This may help with Clear Airways, but at the same time could increase the Reras and Hypopneas.

There is also some positional apnea going on. This could be from chin tucking (which cuts off your airway). If you're sleeping with a too fluffy or high pillow, try a different pillow... one that doesn't allow your head/chin to fall forward.

Also, a little higher minimum pressure might help. Set your pressure to minimum 8 - maximum 12 (Flex 1).
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Input on recent increase in AHI
Thank you very much.  I set the Flex to 1 a few days ago and will try it at zero, I will also try the pillow change as well.

If that doesn't help I'll change the pressure settings.

Steve
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Surprised [CPAP] Sudden Increase in AHI amfar33 2 101 04-14-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Do you think I should increase my pressure based on this OSCAR data? mallowsweet 24 1,582 03-29-2024, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Do I need to increase my max pressure? Daveman 7 232 03-29-2024, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Daveman
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 214 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Symptoms] Recent Symptom - Settings Change? MamaK55 1 192 02-10-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Pressure] More tired after pressure increase EndarSpire 8 474 02-09-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Machine Increases Pressure Without Input JeffNC 7 428 01-30-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.