Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] modest811 - Therapy Thread
RE: First night of CPAP data. Was mild apena now...
Thanks for all the help guys, 

I'm back! Got the flow limitations down with an EPR of 2 so that's cool. 

Still don't feel great! Don't know if it's anxiety contributing to the poor sleep or it's poor sleep contributing to the anxiety. lol

Got some pics of my sleep last night and would love to hear your thoughts (Ignore the disk not ejected properly at the top, sometimes my computer won't let me close those unless I restart and i'm impatient lol).

The first pic is an overview of the night, had some positional apneas near the end? Ended up taking it off and slept another hour without it. 

The second pic is an up close picture of some weird breathing that wasn't marked on Oscar? Any thoughts on this? Looks obstructive but I can't tell. I took a massive breath in it seems and then things started getting back to normal. 

The third pic is of some weird breathing I had in the middle of the night, I've seen this a lot. It looks like my breathing does some kind of weird wave pattern and gets chaotic. I woke up about a half hour after this started. and I wonder if it's just REM? Or is there some arousal from my breathing that's causing this.

Really appreciate all the help with this guys. You make struggling with this stuff so much easier. I appreciate yeah.  Sleep-well

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
That close up looks like rapidly increasing flow limitation leading to arousal (RERA) and recovery breathing. That could be positional. I don't see that pattern repeated elsewhere. This looks better than the larger clusters of OA you previously had, and flow limits are reduced at EPR 2. Trials of EPR 3 and even minimum pressure of 9.0 are worth trying to see if they help. It's pretty easy to move back to this setting if it is not better.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey guys, 

I actually ended up switching to the Dreamwear full face mask and that has really reduced flow limitations and I was getting better sleep! 

Though last night I had my first 'bad' sleep in awhile (woke up a couple times and just don't feel refreshed this morning). Decided to boot up the ol'oscar and was surprised to see hardly any apneas or flow limitations, but my breathing seemed erratic! 

I also had a 'low high leak rate' but it looks to me my leaks were actually kind of high all night? My breathing is normally more uniform, but last night it seems to be all over the place. What does this look like to you? Could it be almost centrals? Just a lot of time spent in REM? 

Thanks again!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can I see your Flow limit range? Still tired despite good AHI numbers.
My FLs look just like yours and I've been having the same issue of still feeling tired some days, some others are better. Did EPR worked for you?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey guys, 

Sorry for double posting. 

Switched BACK to the F20 because I was getting too many leaks. Still getting these clusters of OSAs and Reras at the beginning of my night which is annoying. I have a cervical collar but it makes my neck feel very stiff. Hard to sleep with but I'll keep trying, though I'm afraid too... 

Still feeling pretty bleh. I'm thinking i'm gonna raise my min to like 10 tonight because that's what it goes up to when I have these events. 

It just seems so strange that I have them right at the beginning and then not really throughout the night, though I do have some flow limitations throughout the night that I think are contributing to my sleep. 

Also looking at my respiratory pattern, I feel like I breathe really oddly when I'm sleeping. Something is up.

Post Reply Post Reply
I think you're trying to fine-tune not make radical changes. I'm thinking 9.0 minimum is a better choice based on what I'm seeing in your last results.

If you want to evaluate respiration, you have to zoom in to about 2-3 minute segments of the respiratory flow rate.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's an upclose look at my flow rate when I'm asleep. 

Looks to me like I'm still having flow limitations even if the machine isn't flagging them. 

I'm gonna crank er up to 9 tonight and hit the EPR on 3 and see what happens. I didn't sleep with the machine last night because I wanted to see what would happen... I feel even worse lol. Kept waking up. 

If this doesn't work to help my flow limitations it's looking like i need to get a Bipap. It's just a tonnnn of money. And i got this machine covered by insurance and there's no way I'd be able to get the Vauto covered. It'd be out of pocket. I'm also in Canada so if I go with second wind for one, with shipping and exhange, I'm looking at 1000+. My girlfriend and I don't make a ton of money so that's some serious coin for something that I'm not sure will even work.

When I was diagnosed my AHI was 5.3, but RERAs weren't counted. I had a lot of spontaneous arousals though and if you count all those in my ahi was something like 19 or 20. Also mine were mostly hypopneas. I'm a skinny, 30 year old dude so I think i have some UARS going on... it just seems like no one with UARS actually feels better. 

Sorry to vent! I appreciate you being patient with me for this and replying. I'll report back tomorrow.

Post Reply Post Reply
Welp, here's last night with EPR: 3 and the minimum increased a bit. 

As you can see, looks pretty solid! Low flow limitations. Still getting these stubborn Obstructive Apneas at the beginning of the night though! Seems so strange to me why I only get them at the beginning but then as the rest of the night goes I'm fine? If they're from a chin tuck, why I don't I do it anytime else? 

I'm feeling pretty knackered still. Don't think I slept enough, but it feels different than my regular tiredness. It feels like my body just wants more of that kind of sleep. Think I woke up too early. Gonna keep these settings for a bit and see how it goes.

Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent results. I know 6-1/2 hours is not enough for me, so I don't think the therapy is the problem. The closeups of the OA appear like a gradual drop of the chin reducing flow until the OA is triggered, and you startle away, then repeat. At least there isn't much of that happening.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Higher Exp time than Insp time ,help!
Hello! 

Been using the my APAP since September now so A little over half a year! Can definitely feel it when I don't use it, but even I do use it I don't feel dramatically better or anything, just less bad. 

I have been paying attention to my numbers though and it seems most of the time, my 95% and my Max ratio's my EXP. Time seems to be higher than my INSP. Time. My medium is usually normal, though sometimes not. I've been dealing with a lot of Aerophagia in the morning lately too. I also wake up early in the AM and can't back to sleep. I did read here that OSCAR can calculate this wrong, but it's less likely on a Resmed machine like the one I have. 

I've added the normal view and a zoom in at 2 minutes with the Tidal Volume, and Insp exp close up.

Is this bad that my EXP. time is larger than my INSP. time? What could it mean? Am I reading too much into this?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,075 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 171 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,361 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,214 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.