Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Inserting the SD Card of the old device into the replaced Philips Dreamstation Cpap
Inserting the SD Card of the old device into the replaced Philips Dreamstation Cpap
Hello guys, today the old Dreamstation Device with foam problem was replaced with the new Dreamstation device. I backed up Sd Card contents before going for replacement. I copied it to the SD card inside the new device and ran the new device. The new device did not see my 720 days old data, it started from scratch as if I had reset it. When I removed the SD card and connected it to the PC, I saw that it created a new folder. It doesn't read the old folder. I changed the name of the old folder with the new folder, again all data seems to be zero. I backup the old one with Oscar. Is there a way to continue with the old data? Please forgive me for my broken English.

Best Regards

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Inserting the SD Card of the old device into the replaced Philips Dreamstation Cpap
We sometimes recommend creating a new profile to use with the new machine. This keeps the data separate, but you can always look at the old data. For example your Dreamstation 1 data could be under your profile Delmos, and the new data could be Delmos2. I would have deleted or formatted the SD card for use in the new machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Inserting the SD Card of the old device into the replaced Philips Dreamstation Cpap
A CPAP writes its serial number to the SD card to make it unique to that CPAP. Only one CPAP's serial number can be on the card. Even though the old CPAP's data files are on the card, the main files that would point to this data no longer exist. For all practical purposes, these files are now orphaned.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2022, 02:44 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: We sometimes recommend creating a new profile to use with the new machine. This keeps the data separate, but you can always look at the old data.  For example your Dreamstation 1 data could be under your profile Delmos, and the new data could be Delmos2.  I would have deleted or formatted the SD card for use in the new machine.

Thanks, I created a different profile as you said. In OSCAR, I can see the old and the new separately. I put the old Data as a separate folder on the SD Card to show when I go to the doctor. I guess this way the Doctor can also access the old data in the SD Card.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2022, 02:58 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: A CPAP writes its serial number to the SD card to make it unique to that CPAP.  Only one CPAP's serial number can be on the card.  Even though the old CPAP's data files are on the card, the main files that would point to this data no longer exist.  For all practical purposes, these files are now orphaned.

Thanks, that's what I thought. PROP.TXT device serial number and other information. I arranged it according to the information of the new device, but it did not work. I will keep the old files on the SD card as a backup. I hope he sees them when I go to the doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2022, 02:58 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: A CPAP writes its serial number to the SD card to make it unique to that CPAP.  Only one CPAP's serial number can be on the card.  Even though the old CPAP's data files are on the card, the main files that would point to this data no longer exist.  For all practical purposes, these files are now orphaned.

That is only true for Resmed, not for Philips.

A Philips SD card can hold many different machines without issue. Each machine has complete data in its own directory (named after its serial number).

The only time you might have a conflict is with two DS2 machines whose serial numbers collide due to a badly designed hash (first 3 or 4 digits match, if I remember correctly). But that’s rare at this point.

The card should be structured as:

P-Series/
    (8-digit name base on serial number)/
        Prop.txt (or prop.bin for DS2)
        P0/
    (Possibly more machines’ directories)
    Last.txt

OSCAR will import all the machines it finds. Official software typically only imports the one folder identified by last.txt.

So if you want your doctor to be able to see both, you’ll want 2 SD cards. You can use the above tree to structure them as needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Confused Sorry for providing incorrect information.  Until sawinglogz's post above, I thought it was standard practice for all CPAP brands.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I think the only thing that's 'standard practice' for CPAP machines is the physical size of the SD card - and I think the Philips travel CPAP uses microSD cards!
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
And some use USB sticks.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2022, 09:50 PM)sawinglogz Wrote: That is only true for Resmed, not for Philips.

A Philips SD card can hold many different machines without issue. Each machine has complete data in its own directory (named after its serial number).

The only time you might have a conflict is with two DS2 machines whose serial numbers collide due to a badly designed hash (first 3 or 4 digits match, if I remember correctly). But that’s rare at this point.

The card should be structured as:

P-Series/
    (8-digit name base on serial number)/
        Prop.txt (or prop.bin for DS2)
        P0/
    (Possibly more machines’ directories)
    Last.txt

OSCAR will import all the machines it finds. Official software typically only imports the one folder identified by last.txt.

So if you want your doctor to be able to see both, you’ll want 2 SD cards. You can use the above tree to structure them as needed.

Thank you very much for your reply. I really appreciate you and those who contributed to the Oscar program. Since it was the first day, there was no data. After reading your post, I took the SD Card out of the device and connected it to the PC. After creating a new profile in the Oscar Program and choosing "Cpap importer", he saw the new device as you can see in the attached pictures. After importing, it combined both old machine data and new machine data as you can see in the pictures. I am very happy now.

Kind regards

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Device Support xxxxqwe 9 224 03-18-2024, 05:59 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 266 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,409 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: capman
  OSCAR, how to switch to a new device? edgnoj 4 374 02-10-2024, 02:37 PM
Last Post: glenncol
Question Statistics page, changes to device settings area, FL always shows 0.00? DancesWithCats 1 281 01-19-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR "Most recent" AHI doesn't match " Changes to Device Settings" macbob 5 1,038 01-19-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Missing graphs, Philips BiPAP autoSV Advanced 30 SenatorBirch 7 649 10-22-2023, 08:52 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.