Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Insomnia After Improved Sleep
Insomnia After Improved Sleep
Huh Hello everyone! Kind of an odd question, but has anyone gone through a transitional phase where they find it hard to get back to sleep after successfully being on therapy for a few hours? 

I feel like this is what’s been happening to me some nights recently. I’ve had some of the longest lasting dreams I can remember having since childhood, I’m waking up without any real signs of tossing and turning, and I’m falling asleep quickly. I’m very happy about that. 

The problem is, I’m getting just enough sleep to feel rested before I start almost involuntarily mentally preparing for my day! It’s almost like my body doesn’t know how to get a full night of sleep now that therapy is working. It eventually catches up to me, and I’m ready for a nap by noon. 

I’m hoping I can find a way to turn my mind off, and reassure myself I still have plenty of time to get back to sleep without racing my alarm clock. 

Does this sound familiar to anyone?  Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Insomnia After Improved Sleep
Yes. This happened to me. It's quite an adjustment for the body.

I use some sleep aids: a biomat of sorts, and sometimes Rescue Sleep (found in health stores or on Amazon). They help me get to sleep. If they don't, then I just reluctantly get up and be productive.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a lot of changing sleep patterns for about the first year before thing settled down to what is now my normal.  Your mind and body have a lot of adjusting to do.  Be patient, expect slow, gradual improvements.  You will get there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ditto all of the above. I think I wake up after every sleep cycle thinking I have slept the whole night. I am adjusting slowly.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I started waking up when I reached to level I was at before CPAP, all I did was to try to go back to sleep.
After a while I was wanting to lay in bed in the morning and not get up.
Your body soon get the message it can rest for longer, before long you will be sleeping in.
Work, groan!!!
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bad Insomnia r4robin 5 214 03-25-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
Question [Treatment] Treatment Emergent Central Apnea or Insomnia -- which is it? mallar 1 296 03-02-2024, 01:57 PM
Last Post: mallar
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 604 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  TMJD improved by CPAP? squeakybeans 2 362 10-14-2023, 09:09 PM
Last Post: squeakybeans
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,361 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.