Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Insomnia resource
Insomnia resource
I posted this on another thread, but thought it’d be more visible in a main thread.

This link is a series of printed slides detailing Cognitive Based Therapy for Insomnia, an apparent outgrowth of the sleep restriction idea. A number of psychologists are available to guide patients through this to treat insomnia. 

https://adaa.org/sites/default/files/Runko_177.pdf

I’ve been engaged with a therapist with this for about 18 months and can answer questions if anyone is interested.
Geoffrey Rush as Philip Henslowe, (Shakespeare in Love) "I don't know. It's a mystery."
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Insomnia resource
Pretty much what I learned many years ago both as a patient and a student.

Comes down to body memory and retraining that.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2018, 10:42 AM)Dawnstar Wrote: I posted this on another thread, but thought it’d be more visible in a main thread.

This link is a series of printed slides detailing Cognitive Based Therapy for Insomnia, an apparent outgrowth of the sleep restriction idea. A number of psychologists are available to guide patients through this to treat insomnia. 

https://adaa.org/sites/default/files/Runko_177.pdf

I’ve been engaged with a therapist with this for about 18 months and can answer questions if anyone is interested.

i just posted askign that question, could you take a look ? : http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...r-Insomnia
Post Reply Post Reply
I have insomnia that is treated with 150mg of Trazodone taking 30 minutes before my bedtime at 10pm. I found a Cognitive Behavioral Therapist for Insomnia in Nashville, TN. She does all her therapy by tele therapy now. I had a 15 minute consultation with her and I was really impressed about how easy it was talking to her. Research says that tele therapy is just as effective as face to face. I have not started therapy yet because she wanted me to be established with my CPAP treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep Maintenance Insomnia alienfrontier 0 108 04-03-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Bad Insomnia r4robin 5 285 03-25-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Treatment] Treatment Emergent Central Apnea or Insomnia -- which is it? mallar 1 328 03-02-2024, 01:57 PM
Last Post: mallar
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 660 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  CPAP causing insomnia, hoping for some help starsknight 3 818 03-03-2023, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Insomnia Slumberseeker 4 655 08-29-2022, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Slumberseeker
  Insomnia and treatment? ECM5 10 1,226 08-02-2022, 07:05 PM
Last Post: ECM5

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.