Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Inspiratory Flow Limitation
Here is a very interesting paper on flow limitation that many of us (including me) have:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4688581/

Sleep Sci. 2015 Nov;8(3):134-42. doi: 10.1016/j.slsci.2015.08.003. Epub 2015 Sep 3.
The role of flow limitation as an important diagnostic tool and clinical finding in mild sleep-disordered breathing.
Arora N1, Meskill G1, Guilleminault C1.

Walt
Walter W. Olson, Ph.D., P.E.
Professor Emeritus
Post Reply Post Reply
Want to see flow limitation? This is one of the more severe examples I have see posted on the board. This also is accompanied by a remarkable inhale:exhale ration of nearly 3:1. The person who posted this has gone on to bilevel, and I have not seen any followup from that change.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2011]
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2016, 11:37 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Want to see flow limitation? This is one of the more severe examples I have see posted on the board. This also is accompanied by a remarkable inhale:exhale ration of nearly 3:1. The person who posted this has gone on to bilevel, and I have not seen any followup from that change

There sure are a lot oh things going on here, and not all of it is flow limitation although that certainly is present. I am surprised the AHI is so low! There clearly will be a lot of RERA's so the RDI might be more pertinent here.

I would be interested to know BIPAP helped!

Walt
Walter W. Olson, Ph.D., P.E.
Professor Emeritus
Post Reply Post Reply

He posted at the beginning of January he at returned the APAP and was scheduled for a bilevel titration. Has not updated since. The AHI was okay, but the RERA was pretty intolerable, and he had very high H in previous submittals. Anytime we see restricted inspiratory patterns like that, it usually helps to get on a machine with higher low EPAP and good pressure support to support better ventilation.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow graphs - Am I mouth breathing edfreeman 14 510 07-20-2017, 06:23 PM
Last Post: edfreeman
  [CPAP] Returning to CPAP, Is my pressure too low (flow limitation problem)? See chart please MarkSleeps 6 330 06-26-2017, 08:00 AM
Last Post: MarkSleeps
  Help with SH Flow Rate? lostie42 3 190 06-08-2017, 11:48 AM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Why are many OAs not in sync, roughly, with explanatory snores or flow limitations? 2SleepBetta 5 334 03-25-2017, 01:41 AM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta
  Flow Limitation Index RWhipkey 4 475 03-08-2017, 03:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] Strange flow patter and results Bruce456 15 757 03-06-2017, 07:26 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Any advice on this flow rate pattern? doickle 5 355 03-05-2017, 02:49 PM
Last Post: PaytonA