Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Connection question
Connection question
Is there a cable that would plug in to the SD card slot and then have something like a usb connection on the other end to connect to a computer? I'm thinking since you want the data in the computer, why mess with the middle man?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Connection question
ALL Your data is stored on a SD card. Very cheap if it is not provided. Take it out of the machine and put in the computer and use oscar.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not heard of any cable such as you describe. There is a wireless card that Toshiba made called FlashAir that would send the data over your home's network. As I recall, they are not in production anymore, but are still available for purchase on the internet. You would also need to get assistance in the programming to get it to work properly. The program is here on Apnea Board if you ask for assistance in the setup. If you don't want that, I do think then it comes down to manually inserting the SD into the card reader in your computer each time you would want to upload data onto OSCAR.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The last such device I had was my ResMed's ResScan USB Adapter for ResMed's S8 and S8 II Series Machines and could only be used with ResMed S8 and S8 II series CPAP machines. (ResScan USB Serial Adapter)

The package included a USB Cable and ResScan Adapter with USB Port. The instructions were simple: connect the ResScan Adapter to the back of an S8 or S8II CPAP machine. Next, connect the CPAP machine directly to an open USB port on any Windows personal computer using the supplied USB Cable. Begin downloading therapy data simply and easily without the use of a Smart Card or Card Reader."

Then came the S9

S9 USB Adapter Cable for Data Transmission
Designed to work with any ResMed S9 CPAP machine, the USB Adapter transmits data between the device and your PC. Helps with monitoring your sleep apnea compliance information, eliminating the need to transfer information with an SD card. The data will be automatically transferred when your S9 is plugged into your personal computer.

However, I could not find a similar device for the S10 series. And, the available data port is now occupied by my ResMed piulse-oximeter adapter. Before adding the pulse-oximeter, I asked the "ever-helpful" ResMed team in San Diego if such a device existed or if I could get the interface specs. The response: laughter.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
This may be a work around. I tried this with a Toshiba wifi sd card in the hope my network would pick it up. I was able to see the card on my network and download it sometimes, bit it wasn't very reliable.
Now back to just using the sd card in the machine and taking it out to download when ever I feel like it.

[Image: 8dwIA6Um.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
There was a device that was named, "Mobidapter", but this product was discontinued around 2014.  It provided a male SD plug interface (like the pads on an SD card) to a USB interface connection.  It used an STM32 chip for interface communication translation.  Since it wasn't designed for the high data rate that a CPAP produces, I can only wonder if it could have handled the data load.

With the FlashAir's production being discontinued and no viable alternative on the market, this would have been worth exploring.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the latest on the connection between PTSD and OSA/UARS? TryingToGetItRight 0 409 10-08-2023, 09:23 PM
Last Post: TryingToGetItRight
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 462 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamstation1 battery connection kit good on DS2? OneSnorer 0 427 06-10-2023, 02:52 PM
Last Post: OneSnorer
  Climateline heated hose - broken or bad connection Wondering2 0 952 12-09-2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Wondering2
  Airmini users, connection question? BobH56 7 1,288 10-16-2022, 10:16 AM
Last Post: BobH56
Question [Equipment] ResMed with GSM Mobile connection - does it work overseas? glomph 0 454 08-01-2022, 05:37 PM
Last Post: glomph
  Airmini leaking noise at the humidx connection point ggoom 1 1,629 04-24-2022, 01:11 PM
Last Post: SleepinAZ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.