Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Inspire therapy in future, I hope
Inspire therapy in future, I hope
After fighting with my sinuses since day one, I have set up a date to be evaluated for the Inspire Therapy implant. The oral mask...Oracle, showed me just how angry my sinuses were about having that air invade their space! Within two days of using the Oracle my sinuses settled right down.

To be able to keep my pressure low, the head of my bed is at 45 degrees. I am a medically necessary back sleeper. The high pressures needed when on a flat bed required me to make the 'flaps' too tight for comfort. Found a hospital bed at thrift store, like new...for $300. It has been a life saver.

Problem, while I am learning how to handle the Oracle, I am fair skinned, a former Chemo patient (made my skin like tissue paper) and the Oracle is causing problems. Got a script from the dentist for a possible infection. It helped immediately. I use a liner, put diaper paste on lips as my dermatologist recommended. That helps too.

Use a soft cervical collar to keep chin up. Then a horseshoe shaped travel pillow under head..so my neck/head stays upright. Having the head of the bed is not conducive for a straight head position.

Anyway...I need to try. I will keep you up to date, especially if it is a go! Scared and excited...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Inspire therapy in future, I hope
Best of luck and I hope it works out! yes please keep us up to date on your progress.
Post Reply Post Reply
As I started the original recent post on IST I am very curious to see if this actually works. Please do keep us all informed on what you learn for the process of being evaluated for it and then if you actually get it. Thanks barbz and good luck with your therapy.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-27-2015, 04:09 PM)Barbz Wrote: After fighting with my sinuses since day one, I have set up a date to be evaluated for the Inspire Therapy implant. The oral mask...Oracle, showed me just how angry my sinuses were about having that air invade their space! Within two days of using the Oracle my sinuses settled right down.

To be able to keep my pressure low, the head of my bed is at 45 degrees. I am a medically necessary back sleeper. The high pressures needed when on a flat bed required me to make the 'flaps' too tight for comfort. Found a hospital bed at thrift store, like new...for $300. It has been a life saver.

Problem, while I am learning how to handle the Oracle, I am fair skinned, a former Chemo patient (made my skin like tissue paper) and the Oracle is causing problems. Got a script from the dentist for a possible infection. It helped immediately. I use a liner, put diaper paste on lips as my dermatologist recommended. That helps too.

Use a soft cervical collar to keep chin up. Then a horseshoe shaped travel pillow under head..so my neck/head stays upright. Having the head of the bed is not conducive for a straight head position.

Anyway...I need to try. I will keep you up to date, especially if it is a go! Scared and excited...
I was a little scared too, but it worked well for me. Sounds like getting everything just right for you is an ordeal.

Best of luck.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,070 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 166 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,267 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,358 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 966 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 815 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.