Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Inspire User
Inspire User
Hi All.  New to the board, but i have been lurking for awhile.  I have mostly been focusing on those who had, or were considering, Inspire.  I have been suffering from sleep apnea for about 20 years.  I could not tolerate a CPAP or BiPAP.  Oral appliances didn't help either.  So, after moving and getting a new ENT, he told me about Inspire.  Although it sounded scary, I was pretty much willing to try anything as my AHI was 41 and I feel like I haven't slept in years, lived on aspirin and generally always felt crappy(you know I'm sure).  So, after 1 denial by my insurance the Inspire folks helped me appeal, and I got approved.  I had the surgery, and it wasn't fun.  I'm 61 and that probably had something to do with it.  After 5 weeks my side is still a bit tender, but getting better.  Last week My device was activated.  I didn't sleep much the first night, but what little sleep I got was great.  The second night was much better.  The third night I cranked it up one level, and the next day I felt better than I have in 20 years!  I have bumped it up twice more, going two nights at the next level.  Each night has been better.  Just in the past week this has been a true blessing to me(and my wife).  My wife said my snoring is next to non-existent.  I would be glad to answer any questions.  For me, Inspire has given me hope that I can lead a higher-quality life.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Inspire User
Interesting, and glad to hear that it's working out for you. It'll be interesting to follow this thread.  Thumbs-up-2
Post Reply Post Reply
Lucky! It took me probably 4 months to get acclimated and feel consistent benefit.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's a pretty long period of time, considering it's an invasive type surgery.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
That’s not to say I didn’t get any benefit out the gate. It was maybe two weeks before Inspire did better than my oral appliance and slowly got better from there. In my defense I’m a light sleeper and had to be persistent at acclimation (no the global plague and having a newborn in the house didn’t help).
Post Reply Post Reply
A newborn in the house explains it

Congrats by the way.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2020, 08:39 PM)Malloc Wrote: Lucky! It took me probably 4 months to get acclimated and feel consistent benefit.

Not 100% there yet, but close!
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inspire Implant : My Journey Malloc 23 3,647 10-02-2020, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Malloc
Question Inspire Sleep Device BeepSleep 7 340 10-02-2020, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Malloc
  New CPAP User-Help Steve4cr 13 264 09-23-2020, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Steve4cr
  questions for other Inspire users wood doc 2 193 09-18-2020, 08:45 PM
Last Post: forwhozzo
  [CPAP] New user having difficulties jmac862 3 137 09-03-2020, 09:17 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Diagnosis] New User RMac 5 165 09-02-2020, 02:05 PM
Last Post: RMac
  Inspire Sleep..is this new? lmcrep 4 2,147 09-02-2020, 10:28 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.