Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Inspire [anyone else use this?]
Inspire [anyone else use this?]
I am an Inspire customer One for which the device has not controlled my sleep apnea.  Looking for feedback from other Inspire customers.  thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Inspire
We don't hear much feedback on the Inspire. Did you have a sleep study to verify the lack of efficacy, or is it just something you are aware of?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Inspire [anyone else use this?]
OH my!  not just something I heard.  I have also noted little to no patient feedback.  I have an Inspire in my chest. Sleep Studies. yup
Post Reply Post Reply
How serious was your apnea before you treated, and where are you now?
What is the sensation you feel when an apnea occurs?
Does it wake you?

I'm genuinely interested in your story because we do get people inquiring about the viability of Inspire.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Inspireuser,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Did you try other types of sleep apnea treatments before you tried Inspire?
Good luck to you.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Would it be possible to get a copy of your Sleep Studies, before and after implant?  would be appreciated.

Would you be able to suggest resources about inspire, both good and results appreciated.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Trying to figure out forum.  Where do drafts go. Wrote something up. Can't find it.

I have been a sleep apnea patient since 2010. Had it for years before it was diagnosed.  CPAP was the first try. Had 3 very painful surgeries.  The last one helped for a few months. Tried an oral device.  Had Inspire implanted with unfortunately no results so far.  Not willing to share Sleep studies at this time as this is a work in progress.

Really hoped for a cure.  Realize now that Inspire is not a cure. It is a therapy.  I hope it has worked for others.  Hence, my seeking input from other Inspire patients.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2018, 09:47 AM)Inspireuser Wrote: Trying to figure out forum.  Where do drafts go. Wrote something up. Can't find it.
Look in your UserCP (upper right on screen) -> Miscellaneous -> Saved Drafts

Or try this link:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/usercp....ion=drafts
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm also very interested to hear more about yours and others' experiences with this treatment. If you don't mind saying, is your BMI 32 or lower? Do you have OSA without CSA? And would you be willing to say what your AHI was prior to Inspire and with Inspire?

If anyone is interested to see the main study, it can be found here:

Code:
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1308659

I don't know if NEJM is considered a commercial site, and I have accidentally run afoul of the rules here before, so I posted the URL without linking.
-Amin
Nothing I say on the forum should be taken as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Shin, nothing wrong AFAIK with NEJM.org. Interesting article. Inspireuser has not quantified his untreated or residual apnea, but it appears from the article that Inspire's median efficacy for AHI is 68%. While there is no doubt, the therapy is generally beneficial, there is enough room for individuals to "feel" their condition is not controlled adequate (or at all), while others will definitely feel a significant benefit to INSPIRE.

A baseline of 25.4 AHI is still only moderate apnea, and I suspect someone with severe OA is not going to receive adequate relief from INSPIRE alone, given the residual 30% of events that are going to remain post-operative. This appears to be a promising technology to address mild to low-moderate obstructive sleep apena, and severe apnea patients should be steered towards more conventional alternatives.

Quote:The median AHI score at 12 months decreased 68%, from 29.3 events per hour to 9.0 events per hour (P<0.001); the ODI score decreased 70%, from 25.4 events per hour to 7.4 events per hour (P<0.001). Secondary outcome measures showed a reduction in the effects of sleep apnea and improved quality of life. In the randomized phase, the mean AHI score did not differ significantly from the 12-month score in the nonrandomized phase among the 23 participants in the therapy-maintenance group (8.9 and 7.2 events per hour, respectively); the AHI score was significantly higher (indicating more severe apnea) among the 23 participants in the therapy-withdrawal group (25.8 vs. 7.6 events per hour, P<0.001). The ODI results followed a similar pattern. The rate of procedure-related serious adverse events was less than 2%.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inspire system JThammer 15 388 04-04-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
  Inspire and CPAP Alternatives and Updates Comfortcomposites 7 994 12-11-2023, 11:03 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Inspire Implant : My Journey Malloc 42 15,343 10-24-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Mobility after Inspire Implant Marv8776 3 1,041 09-13-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Inspire User rbelcastro 8 1,635 09-06-2023, 09:34 AM
Last Post: upsman
  Inspire Users goofy03744 0 521 05-01-2023, 06:13 PM
Last Post: goofy03744
  Inspire? dunhamg 33 10,061 03-04-2023, 12:16 PM
Last Post: BreatheRight

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.