Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Inspire [anyone else use this?]
RE: Inspire [anyone else use this?]
To answer some questions.  The implant sends a shock to the base of your throat each time you inhale. You control it with a remote.  You can vary the strength and turn it on and off. When you turn it on there is a built in time delay so you can fall asleep before the pulse begins. Also, if you wake up you can start the time delay again. So, the pulse continues all night every time you inhale hopefully keeping the airway open. simple.

So, let's anaylize this.  Its quite simple. Someone who's handy could make their own. EVERY time you inhale you send 3 volts to your neck.  Reminds me of our dogs invisible fence collar.  Sure keeps him in line. Only he gets shocked when he is bad. I'm lucky enough to get one shock every time I inhale.  Funny side effect. You can't talk very well if it's pulsing.

I jest here. I really want it to work.  When your full blown severe apnea and can't do much with CPAP you'll use anything that works.

A couple of details.  BMI 29.99 (just like Trump's). All sleep studies are bad. Currently 30 to 40. I use a very cool J shaped body pillow from Medcline.  I think it has "my pillow" stuffing. Using CPAP from about 4am. To 7am. My sleep monitor shows a high level during that time.  Body pillow is by far my best therapy.  I'm sure it knocks at least 10 points off AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Inspire [anyone else use this?]
At least you can turn off your own training collar. Sounds pretty awful.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inspire failed trying pap again Dalemazkour 10 263 Yesterday, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Inspire system JThammer 15 432 04-04-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
  Inspire and CPAP Alternatives and Updates Comfortcomposites 7 1,000 12-11-2023, 11:03 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Inspire Implant : My Journey Malloc 42 15,417 10-24-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Mobility after Inspire Implant Marv8776 3 1,054 09-13-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Inspire User rbelcastro 8 1,647 09-06-2023, 09:34 AM
Last Post: upsman
  Inspire Users goofy03744 0 526 05-01-2023, 06:13 PM
Last Post: goofy03744

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.