Mask Type: Oral
Mask Make & Model: Oracle
Humidifier: Respironics heated tube
CPAP Pressure: 6-15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

Inspire therapy in future, I hope
After fighting with my sinuses since day one, I have set up a date to be evaluated for the Inspire Therapy implant. The oral mask...Oracle, showed me just how angry my sinuses were about having that air invade their space! Within two days of using the Oracle my sinuses settled right down.

To be able to keep my pressure low, the head of my bed is at 45 degrees. I am a medically necessary back sleeper. The high pressures needed when on a flat bed required me to make the 'flaps' too tight for comfort. Found a hospital bed at thrift store, like new...for $300. It has been a life saver.

Problem, while I am learning how to handle the Oracle, I am fair skinned, a former Chemo patient (made my skin like tissue paper) and the Oracle is causing problems. Got a script from the dentist for a possible infection. It helped immediately. I use a liner, put diaper paste on lips as my dermatologist recommended. That helps too.

Use a soft cervical collar to keep chin up. Then a horseshoe shaped travel pillow under head..so my neck/head stays upright. Having the head of the bed is not conducive for a straight head position.

Anyway...I need to try. I will keep you up to date, especially if it is a go! Scared and excited...
10-27-2015 04:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PoolQ Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: AirCurve 10 VAUTO
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Amara View
Humidifier: Integrated
CPAP Pressure: 6.2, 15, PS4.0
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Inspire therapy in future, I hope
Best of luck and I hope it works out! yes please keep us up to date on your progress.
10-27-2015 04:44 PM
sonicboom Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Airsense 10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10, Dreamwear
Humidifier: Integrated
CPAP Pressure: 4.6-7.6
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

As I started the original recent post on IST I am very curious to see if this actually works. Please do keep us all informed on what you learn for the process of being evaluated for it and then if you actually get it. Thanks barbz and good luck with your therapy.

Coffee
10-27-2015 06:26 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
JoelD Offline

New Members

Machine: none
Mask Type: Not using mask
Mask Make & Model: none
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: none
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

(10-27-2015 04:09 PM)Barbz Wrote:  After fighting with my sinuses since day one, I have set up a date to be evaluated for the Inspire Therapy implant. The oral mask...Oracle, showed me just how angry my sinuses were about having that air invade their space! Within two days of using the Oracle my sinuses settled right down.

To be able to keep my pressure low, the head of my bed is at 45 degrees. I am a medically necessary back sleeper. The high pressures needed when on a flat bed required me to make the 'flaps' too tight for comfort. Found a hospital bed at thrift store, like new...for $300. It has been a life saver.

Problem, while I am learning how to handle the Oracle, I am fair skinned, a former Chemo patient (made my skin like tissue paper) and the Oracle is causing problems. Got a script from the dentist for a possible infection. It helped immediately. I use a liner, put diaper paste on lips as my dermatologist recommended. That helps too.

Use a soft cervical collar to keep chin up. Then a horseshoe shaped travel pillow under head..so my neck/head stays upright. Having the head of the bed is not conducive for a straight head position.

Anyway...I need to try. I will keep you up to date, especially if it is a go! Scared and excited...
I was a little scared too, but it worked well for me. Sounds like getting everything just right for you is an ordeal.

Best of luck.
04-18-2016 12:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Info on INSPIRE sleepytimegal 8 324 11-22-2016 06:54 PM
Last Post: sleepytimegal
  Is there an end to CPAP therapy? SamStamport 10 521 10-29-2016 08:46 AM
Last Post: robysue
  Hope to get opinions trainwreck1963 5 274 10-28-2016 06:23 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Insomnia getting worse 3 months into therapy baconjurer 3 510 10-05-2016 11:50 PM
Last Post: PoolQ
  continued success, hope for others jxyzobrien 1 272 10-05-2016 07:30 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Auto-Trial –delivers CPAP therapy adjusting pressure 30days ICEMAN 8 1,230 09-24-2016 12:34 PM
Last Post: green wings
  cpap therapy still tired wyu177 12 837 09-21-2016 09:32 AM
Last Post: wyu177