Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Inspire Stimulation Therapy
RE: Inspire Stimulation Therapy
Barbz, post some screenshots when you can, it's possible your pressure settings are not optimal for you.

There are many folk here that use the same machine and can advise.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK..first image is the motion24/7...really not good for seeing sleep quality. That nice deep sleep was full of OAs!

[Image: VHzMjTCm.png]

This is last night with head of bed at 25 degrees

[Image: 2UU1CGdl.png?1]

Just to show I can have good numbers with the Oracle...HOB is at 45 degrees

[Image: mCs6pOMl.png]

Oh, I can raise the upper pressure, but the higher I put it the tighter I must make the mouth flaps of the Oracle. Remember, this mask is my only option as it bypasses my sinuses. This is my reason for being interested in the Inspire therapy. I have a daughter in Tampa, so I could go to the original Inspire therapy site.
Post Reply Post Reply
To late to edit...so trying new posting here of the two Sleepyhead readings
Head of bed at 25 degrees

[Image: 2UU1CGdh.png?1]

Head of bed at 45 degrees

[Image: mCs6pOMh.png]

Do not know how to make them bigger! Used the message board and forms option...large thumbnail
Post Reply Post Reply
WOW, it sounds interesting, but just found a site that tells the cost. $30,000. And as someone said earlier, i doubt that insurance pays for this one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Barbz,
It might be a good idea to start a new thread since this thread was on a different subject.
I'm not sure anyone will see your posts here.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2015, 05:01 PM)drgrimes Wrote: WOW, it sounds interesting, but just found a site that tells the cost. $30,000. And as someone said earlier, i doubt that insurance pays for this one.
Actually it cost about $40,000 for me. My insurance paid it 100%. I had already met my deductible and I literally paid $0.00 for this surgery. I called the insurance company and lobbied for it. They had ever paid for it and they made a few calls and it was agreed to. Normally I hear it takes 6-8 weeks for insurance approval but my time was a lot shorter.

My summary of the surgery is that it saved my life.
Yes it is invasive. Three 3 inch incisions. Implanted device near the collarbone and one under the jaw and one in my right chest. Total time out of work was 3.5 days. Waited 1 month until they turned it on after surgery and my sleep apnea is almost 100% gone. The stimulation that it does is uncomfortable but is not painful, really just a bit weird feeling. I now get a good solid 6-7 hours of sleep each night. I no longer feel like a walking zombie.

The only maintenance with the unit is to carry the remote with me when I travel and to turn it on and off when I go to sleep and when I get up.

The battery is supposed to last ~10 years. I am 56 years old and assuming that I have it replaced when I am 65-66 I suspect the technology will have improved by then and it will last double that amount and that will be it for me.

It may not be for everyone, for sure, but for me (tried every type of Pap therapy and none were tolerable) it is a real lifesaver. My surgery was at University Hospital in Cleveland Ohio.

Post Reply Post Reply
JoelD,
Interesting! I am surprised insurance would cover this procedure.

How do you know if apnea is cured? Will you have a sleep study done every so often so check?

I do hope it works out for you. The University Hospital in Cleveland has a good reputation.

Good Luck!
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,061 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 157 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,343 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 808 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.