Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Inspire
Inspire
I heard an ad on the radio today, Has anybody heard of this ?
You can look up Inspire sleep for info.... I deleted the link per house rules.
Wonder if it truly works?

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Inspire
Pricey...

http://www.startribune.com/inspire-makin...362543071/
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2016, 08:07 PM)Mr. Van Winkle Wrote: I heard an ad on the radio today, Has anybody heard of this ?

Sleep-well

According to Inspire's webpage, there was a three year study that had 126 participants in which 116 completed it all the way through. After three years, there was a 78% reduction in the AHI.

There are also other studies that are ongoing.

Personally, if I were to have the procedure, as with any surgery, I would ask the surgeon what his/her success rates are regarding this procedure. I would also want to know how many this person has done.

And by the way, if you have a negative reaction to surgery, including this procedure, keep in mind that many folks who undergo this particular one or any other surgery have come to this decision as a last resort due to not being able to tolerate pap therapy.

And if you're one of those folks who has a low enough AHI that this procedure could get you close to the ideal below 5 AHI figure, this procedure has some advantages due to it being alot less invasive than other procedures. Of course, there are disadvantages too which have to be considered.

49er

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2016, 04:48 AM)49er Wrote:
(01-20-2016, 08:07 PM)Mr. Van Winkle Wrote: I heard an ad on the radio today, Has anybody heard of this ?

Sleep-well

According to Inspire's webpage, there was a three year study that had 126 participants in which 116 completed it all the way through. After three years, there was a 78% reduction in the AHI.

There are also other studies that are ongoing.

Personally, if I were to have the procedure, as with any surgery, I would ask the surgeon what his/her success rates are regarding this procedure. I would also want to know how many this person has done.

And by the way, if you have a negative reaction to surgery, including this procedure, keep in mind that many folks who undergo this particular one or any other surgery have come to this decision as a last resort due to not being able to tolerate pap therapy.

And if you're one of those folks who has a low enough AHI that this procedure could get you close to the ideal below 5 AHI figure, this procedure has some advantages due to it being alot less invasive than other procedures. Of course, there are disadvantages too which have to be considered.

49er

It would be for me anyway, I've taken to CPAP like a fish to water, beside my BMI is too much Sad I'd need to lose lot's which I should anyway. Smile
I was just wondering and wow $27,000 could buy a few CPAP machines.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inspire system JThammer 15 390 04-04-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
  Inspire and CPAP Alternatives and Updates Comfortcomposites 7 994 12-11-2023, 11:03 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Inspire Implant : My Journey Malloc 42 15,348 10-24-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Mobility after Inspire Implant Marv8776 3 1,043 09-13-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Inspire User rbelcastro 8 1,636 09-06-2023, 09:34 AM
Last Post: upsman
  Inspire Users goofy03744 0 522 05-01-2023, 06:13 PM
Last Post: goofy03744
  Inspire? dunhamg 33 10,061 03-04-2023, 12:16 PM
Last Post: BreatheRight

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.