Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Installed sleepyhead for first time but information has gone from sd card
Installed sleepyhead for first time but information has gone from sd card
Hello Everyone, Ive only just been diagnosed with Severe Sleep Apnia and been given the ResmedS9 Auto. I was told about the Sleepy head program by my hospital.

I installed the software onto my pc and can see all the information since the day I got the machine only problem I have is ive also installed the software on my laptop but the card only seems to have the last few days worth of information on it.

My pc still has all the information on is there a way i can take the information back off my pc and place back on my card as the hospital will want to see all the information on the card which now is not there.

Any Ideas Helppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Installed sleepyhead for first time but information has gone from sd card
(09-28-2013, 09:09 AM)MarkUKResmedS9 Wrote: Hello Everyone, Ive only just been diagnosed with Severe Sleep Apnia and been given the ResmedS9 Auto. I was told about the Sleepy head program by my hospital.

I installed the software onto my pc and can see all the information since the day I got the machine only problem I have is ive also installed the software on my laptop but the card only seems to have the last few days worth of information on it.

My pc still has all the information on is there a way i can take the information back off my pc and place back on my card as the hospital will want to see all the information on the card which now is not there.

Any Ideas Helppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Mark

I think that the data is only stored on the card for a certain amount of time before it is removed. I hope Paula02 sees this as she posted some detailed information about this recently. I will see if I can find that post for you

This is from PaulaO2

RE: Memory problem with S9 Data Card

The S9s only write on the card the night it happens. What is stores in memory for later is minimal. I would think the program you use will have problems with two cards on the same machine. It won't know which data to transfer over.

I have found that I have to put the card in rather straight in. Too much of an angle and it will lock the card as I slip it in. Annoying as heck. I finally one day just messed with putting it in and taking it out and figured out how to do it.

Instead of looking at a second card, work like mad to train yourself to put the card back in. As soon as you are done with it, put it back. Get into a routine.

I have a habit now that when I reach over to push the ON button, I slide my hand over and make sure the card is there first. You can feel it easy enough. It has saved my butt several times! I only download the data twice a week (Wed and Sat). That way I am sure to not go too long (it only keeps detailed data for 7 days, the biggest flaw the S9 has).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
http://www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Mark,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks people its all so new and life changing. I keep waking up and removing my mask when im asleep as well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Mark,
What you might try is to wear your mask and use your machine during the evening while watching tv or reading. This will help your body get used to this
NEW"way of sleeping.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
If it has been less than 7 days since you added the program to the laptop, you can move the files from the desktop to the laptop then re-download the "new" information to it. Before you do that, though, make a back up of what is on the desktop and what is on the laptop. Move the laptop stuff to another folder and rename it. That way if it gets borked, you still have the originals.

You can also simply start over with the new and provide them with information from the "old" and then from the "new". The machine identification number should be the same.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yup, as Paula has noted, the S9 Autoset only keeps the last 7 days of "more in depth" info on it, after that, it is toast. It keeps the last 30 days of "high level" info for compliance checking by your DME or insurance, but the detailed info is only for a week Sad

Sleepyhead keeps all the detailed data you download, so if you're downloading weekly (or more frequently), you'll have more info than what your machine will save on the card for the DME.

If they need it, I'm sure there is a way to copy it from where Sleepyhead stored it, but most DME's don't get the luxury of extended, in-depth info and may or may not be set up to deal with it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2013, 11:18 AM)PsychoMike Wrote: Yup, as Paula has noted, the S9 Autoset only keeps the last 7 days of "more in depth" info on it, after that, it is toast. It keeps the last 30 days of "high level" info for compliance checking by your DME or insurance, but the detailed info is only for a week Sad

Sleepyhead keeps all the detailed data you download, so if you're downloading weekly (or more frequently), you'll have more info than what your machine will save on the card for the DME.

If they need it, I'm sure there is a way to copy it from where Sleepyhead stored it, but most DME's don't get the luxury of extended, in-depth info and may or may not be set up to deal with it.

S9 Compliance info is kept for a year.
Some data is kept for 7 days, some is 30 days, some is 1 year.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 58 914 2 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 8 168 10 hours ago
Last Post: OpalRose
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 121 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 265 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 297 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,958 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 806 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.