Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR – Backup Journal -- Restore to New Profile
OSCAR – Backup Journal -- Restore to New Profile
I am creating a new Profile to experiment with the Oximetry Wizard for data import experiments. If I am happy with the results I want to restore the Journal to the new Profile as there is a certain amount of data loss in my first Profile. That is another issue I will address in another post. The most labor and error prone method I can think of is to go to each daily note and do a copy and paste, I can do that but for others, not so much. It would most helpful to have a method or import utility to do this task.

Any comment or suggestions would be most welcome! Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR – Backup Journal -- Restore to New Profile
I think you can just copy the Journal folder to your new setup.

Folder will be under your SH or OSCAR data folder. In a path similar to this one:

C:\Users\Al\Documents\OSCAR_Data\Profiles\AlanE\Journal_00005caf

If you don't have a Journal folder in your new profile, make any Journal entry so it will create one. By making a Journal entry, the program will update the machines.xml file to point to that Journal folder for you. Then you won't have to edit XML. Smile

Then go into that folder above (original Journal folder you want to copy over), copy everything, go into the new Journal_whatever folder and paste it. I'm fairly certain that should work. Make sure the program has been closed out beforehand.

If you have to change/overwrite any file or folder, best to make a backup just in case that hoses it. Oh-jeez
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
That Did It! So Cool! I found the OSCAR_Data folder and I carefully examined the contents of the original and the new Profile folders.  The name of the folder reflects the name of the Profile. I noted what was different in each then added a Note in the profile I wanted to to transfer to, closed OSCAR went back to the to profile folders and noted what changed. Copied the contents of the source folder in my case, Journal_00004404 and pasted it in the destination folder Journal_000072cd  It appears that OSCAR generates a unique name for the folder indicated by the characters after the underscore. The contents I copied and pasted were a folder named Summaries and a file named Summaries.xml.gz When prompted Over Write All. The Daily Notes and the Chart Bookmarks promptly appeared in the previously un-notated Profile ready to go!

Thanks So Much for Your Help!
This one is a Keeper!
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to hear that worked. Hopefully it will help others!  Thumbs-up-2  Happy Eyes
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 89 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  1.5.2 opens without my profile JollyJoker 2 109 03-18-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: JollyJoker
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 98 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Oscar profile vanished, SD card wiped clean. How? , who and why Innisfree 23 1,762 01-13-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  OSCAR Lost My Profile DNowakowski 3 613 12-09-2023, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR 1.5 profile name dataq1 3 517 11-30-2023, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  DST ZONE SETTING WITHIN AIRSENSE 11 PROFILE ggs5 1 540 11-13-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.