Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Installing SQL for EncorePro
Question 
Installing SQL for EncorePro
The installation of EncorePro 2.23 halts, presumably because SQL Server 2008 is not installed. There are many versions of 2008. I'm looking for one that is known to be sufficient for EncorePro, minimal in footprint and free. Suggestions?

Secondly, in watching some YouTube videos I see a multitude of SQL option settings. How does one determine the selections?

Unfortunatly  I can't search for SQL here because that is too short.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Installing SQL for EncorePro
I have encore pro running on my windows 10 laptop I installed Microsoft SQL Server Express 2017 (the free one)

I also needed to install the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio also free to change settings so encore pro would install. the settings to change are documented in the encore pro installation guide

See my steps in this thread http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ients-only

First you need to install The following software first
Microsoft SQL Server Express (I went for version 2017)
Microsoft SQL Server Management Suite

Then read the Installation manual and configure the following on the MSSQL Server
Filestream Support
Filestream Full Access
Mixed Mode Authentication

Then once you have done that then you need to run the EP2.3 Installer, Select a custom install (as That's your only choice) in the Server location select your instance on MSSQL just installed

But the install does work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's the download page for the free Microsoft® SQL Server® 2017 Express::

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=55994
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks    Looks like a weekend project.
Post Reply Post Reply
I must have missed something.

Installed both SQL Server Express 2017 (Basic) and SQL Server Management 18.4 and then restarted as instructed.

But I never saw the Installation manual to guide me in configuring the MSSQL Server. So I am stuck. Should I uninstall both and start over looking for an Installation manual?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2019, 03:22 PM)Dee Nyal Wrote: I must have missed something.

Installed both SQL Server Express 2017 (Basic) and SQL Server Management 18.4 and then restarted as instructed.

But I never saw the Installation manual to guide me in configuring the MSSQL Server. So I am stuck. Should I uninstall both and start over looking for an Installation manual?

The encore pro installation manyal covered the settings required as described and a bit of following and Google showed me what to do
Post Reply Post Reply
It isn't going well with 2.24.

Select Type
advanced is forced

Select Features
all are checked

Database Server
no server is shown
attempt to proceed results in: Failed to connect to given server
there were authentication boxes that are in the 2.23 install

Backup to Select Features
uncheck Database and continue

Select Server
(local)\ENCOREPRO2 is shown
click on Find Server and error results
This server does not exist or does not contain an EncorePro version 2.24 Database

Cannot proceed.

I note the comment about unlocking the software after downloading. I assume that the unlocking is after installation.

I did uninstall or delete everything I could find that was related to SQL.

Has anyone been successful in installing 2.24?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2019, 04:47 PM)Dee Nyal Wrote: It isn't going well with 2.24.

Select Type
advanced is forced

Select Features
all are checked

Database Server
no server is shown
attempt to proceed results in: Failed to connect to given server
there were authentication boxes that are in the 2.23 install

Backup to Select Features
uncheck Database  and continue

Select Server
(local)\ENCOREPRO2 is shown
click on Find Server and error results
This server does not exist or does not contain an EncorePro version 2.24 Database

Cannot proceed.

I note the comment about unlocking the software after downloading. I assume that the unlocking is after installation.

I did uninstall or delete everything I could find that was related to SQL.

Has anyone been successful in installing 2.24?

Exactly the same result for me. Advanced install forced, then stuck when asked for a database...
:-(
Post Reply Post Reply
What version of Windows are you running? And is it 32-bit or 64-bit?
Post Reply Post Reply
You need to have an installation of ms sql to install encore I used the free mssql express edition as I do not need a huge database with the mssql browser service running the sql installation was detected by the encore installer
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Error while installing OSCAR on Lenovo Chromebook Bodie 15 1,233 10-29-2023, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Bodie
  [split] Help installing OSCAR on Mac The Old Crock 4 590 01-08-2023, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Sabee
  Installing latest OSCAR on an old Windows PC Rcgop 8 822 07-17-2022, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Installing Oscar v 1.3.0 in a different C drive folder from version Oscar 1.2.0. rumtap 7 1,596 03-15-2022, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Problems installing Encore Pro Chalkie 20 2,851 02-28-2022, 06:06 PM
Last Post: jpearson0525
  EncorePro 2.24 - Dream Station 2 Data Files Steve Dever 3 1,096 11-09-2021, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Steve Dever
  EncorePro 2 password locked [unlock utility in post #3] KSMike 33 13,661 03-15-2021, 06:30 AM
Last Post: Faruvaa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.