Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Installing SleepyHead
Installing SleepyHead
I downloaded SleepyHead for Windows. I am running Windows 7 professional 64 bit. I get the following error messages when I click Sleepyhead.exe:
"This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows". Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."
Then: "This applications has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Am I just unable to run SleepyHead on my version of Windows?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Installing SleepyHead
It runs on Windows 7 professional 64 bit.
Did you download: Latest Windows BrokenGL version v0.9.6 2014-06-23 38Mb?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I did. I downloaded the Windows zip file off this page:
http://sleepfiles.com/SH/

I unzipped the file into a folder and clicked on Sleepyhead.exe. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have now downloaded both these zip files and all sleepyhead exe files give the same error messages I listed above.
[attachment=1276]
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe it's looking for the Apple Quicktime application. Google "Quicktime" and download the plugin.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah you would think Qt would be Quicktime. I had it installed. So I redownloaded and ran the repair option. Still no Sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's not Quicktime, the problem are some QT*.DLL s that should be in the root directory included with the sleepyhead program. Be sure you have unzipped all of the files using 7Zip program to a folder (i.e. C:\Sleepyhead). You should see all of these files. Note all the QT files

[Image: JuH1r4Pl.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, thank you, you were right, I did not extract the files properly. Can you tell me which Sleepyhead zip file I want to use from the pic I posted? Sleepyhead-Testing [...] or Sleepyhead-20140623[...] ? Thank you so much, I knew it was some small stupid thing I was doing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Edit: I installed the other Sleepyhead file and that one is working. All is well more or less. Thanks all for the help!
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you got it working! As long as you are using Version v0.9.8-1-testing, you have the most recent program. It really doesn't matter if you use the OpenGL or BrokenGL. Same program, different compatibility.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Error while installing OSCAR on Lenovo Chromebook Bodie 15 1,237 10-29-2023, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Bodie
  [split] Help installing OSCAR on Mac The Old Crock 4 591 01-08-2023, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Sabee
Question Installing SQL for EncorePro Dee Nyal 16 3,416 08-07-2022, 12:46 PM
Last Post: KSMike
  Installing latest OSCAR on an old Windows PC Rcgop 8 822 07-17-2022, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Installing Oscar v 1.3.0 in a different C drive folder from version Oscar 1.2.0. rumtap 7 1,596 03-15-2022, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Problems installing Encore Pro Chalkie 20 2,869 02-28-2022, 06:06 PM
Last Post: jpearson0525
  Installing OSCAR-copy from desktop to laptop for travel Samultra 3 875 09-22-2020, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Samultra

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.