GrammaBear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Air Fit P10
Humidifier: ResMed H5i heated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 12.2 - 16.2
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Type 1 diabetes - using Tandem T-slim insulin pump, Dexcom G4 CGM

Sex: Female

RE: Insulin dosage change
(08-23-2016 02:28 PM)0rangebear Wrote:  I acquired a little more data on the effect CPAP therapy has on my insulin needs; I failed to follow the advice in the forum on travel and packed my machine in my luggage. Oh-jeez

I arrived in Nashville with no CPAP, I tassumed it would only be one night and the airline would find my luggage and bring it too me. Laugh-a-lot So I just sleep without it. On the fourth day my blood sugar took a leap upward and I went back to my B4 therapy dosage for the next two days. They found my luggage the night B4 I was flying home on day six. Smile

I was reunited with it when I got home. It took a week of therapy to bring the insulin need back down to where it was before the trip.Thinking-about

Good thing you didn't pack your insulin and supplies along with the cpap machine or you would really have been s.o.l. Was the cpap machine your back-up machine or your everynight machine you use at home? I suppose one should be grateful that the airlines finally found your machine and returned it to you. It is also a good thing you remembered what your B4 insulin doses were. I bet you are glad to be home once again?
08-23-2016 03:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
0rangebear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSence 10
Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: Amara View
Humidifier: HumidAire (Built-in)
CPAP Pressure: APAP 12.8-15 EPR 3 (cmH2O)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ramp off

Sex: Male

I have been keeping a log on my laptop for years on my insulin use, exercise time, blood sugar levels, and calories consumed. I recently added hours of therapy to the charts. I already had hour of sleep in the chart.

It is the only way I can keep my a1c between 5-7, and avoid weighing 900lbsOh-jeez

My bride says it is "technogeekie"
08-23-2016 03:50 PM
GrammaBear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Air Fit P10
Humidifier: ResMed H5i heated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 12.2 - 16.2
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Type 1 diabetes - using Tandem T-slim insulin pump, Dexcom G4 CGM

Sex: Female

(08-23-2016 03:50 PM)0rangebear Wrote:  I have been keeping a log on my laptop for years on my insulin use, exercise time, blood sugar levels, and calories consumed. I recently added hours of therapy to the charts. I already had hour of sleep in the chart.

It is the only way I can keep my a1c between 5-7, and avoid weighing 900lbsOh-jeez

My bride says it is "technogeekie"

My hat is off to you on the A1C and for your keeping records. I would be better off if I also kept more careful records.

When I asked my Endo how to lose weight while on insulin, he looked at me and said "starve yourself." Huhsign
08-23-2016 04:55 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Pressure] Change Pressure on AirCurve 10 VAuto info 29 4,864 Yesterday 12:05 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  [Pressure] How to change pressure - Respironics Solo slgoltz 5 19,998 11-30-2016 06:32 PM
Last Post: randx2
Question Change Humidity Level Seasonally txpap 9 514 11-21-2016 06:58 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  pressure change cwvincent 2 354 10-16-2016 04:22 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [CPAP] ANOTHER CPAP PRESSURE CHANGE!!! jennie54 3 420 10-11-2016 04:44 PM
Last Post: SaldusMiegas
  Change Name in Resmed S9 Autoset Waldo 10 567 10-06-2016 07:36 AM
Last Post: Waldo
  AHI going up - time to change mask cushion? Lanco 6 520 09-18-2016 06:51 AM
Last Post: OpalRose