Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Insulin dosage change
RE: Insulin dosage change
(08-23-2016, 02:28 PM)0rangebear Wrote: I acquired a little more data on the effect CPAP therapy has on my insulin needs; I failed to follow the advice in the forum on travel and packed my machine in my luggage. Oh-jeez

I arrived in Nashville with no CPAP, I tassumed it would only be one night and the airline would find my luggage and bring it too me. Laugh-a-lot So I just sleep without it. On the fourth day my blood sugar took a leap upward and I went back to my B4 therapy dosage for the next two days. They found my luggage the night B4 I was flying home on day six. Smile

I was reunited with it when I got home. It took a week of therapy to bring the insulin need back down to where it was before the trip.Thinking-about

Good thing you didn't pack your insulin and supplies along with the cpap machine or you would really have been s.o.l. Was the cpap machine your back-up machine or your everynight machine you use at home? I suppose one should be grateful that the airlines finally found your machine and returned it to you. It is also a good thing you remembered what your B4 insulin doses were. I bet you are glad to be home once again?

Post Reply Post Reply
I have been keeping a log on my laptop for years on my insulin use, exercise time, blood sugar levels, and calories consumed. I recently added hours of therapy to the charts. I already had hour of sleep in the chart.

It is the only way I can keep my a1c between 5-7, and avoid weighing 900lbsOh-jeez

My bride says it is "technogeekie"
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-23-2016, 03:50 PM)0rangebear Wrote: I have been keeping a log on my laptop for years on my insulin use, exercise time, blood sugar levels, and calories consumed. I recently added hours of therapy to the charts. I already had hour of sleep in the chart.

It is the only way I can keep my a1c between 5-7, and avoid weighing 900lbsOh-jeez

My bride says it is "technogeekie"

My hat is off to you on the A1C and for your keeping records. I would be better off if I also kept more careful records.

When I asked my Endo how to lose weight while on insulin, he looked at me and said "starve yourself." Huhsign
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 224 04-15-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 123 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 374 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 325 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,964 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,870 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 356 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.