Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Airfit P10 Repair
Airfit P10 Repair
I have been using an Airfit P10 mask for several years, but I'm a cheap kinda guy, so when things break I try to fix it myself. If you search my posts you will find how I replaced the headgear with my own made out of cheap elastic from a sewing supply store. Well, now I have a new success to report:

My current mask suddenly started blowing air down onto what would be my mustache if I had one, and on closer examination I discovered that there was a hole at the top of the hose where it connects to the plastic frame that holds the pillow. The hole happened from stress and movement back and forth where the tube connects to the plastic frame part. It was big enough to slide a regular pencil or pen into it.

I tried poking the tube up into the plastic frame part far enough to cover the hole, hoping to glue it in once I got it secure, but it was hopeless. After sitting and staring at the hose with a hole in it for a while it dawned on me that what I needed was a tube of a diameter slightly less than the hose and the plastic frame that holds the pillows, about 1.5cm (0.4"), and after rummaging around a bit I found one. It was a ChapStick™ lip balm, made in the US by Robins Company, Richmond, Virginia 23220. Mine was almost used up, so I decided to sacrifice the remainder, figuring that my night-time breathing was more important than the health of my lips. I cleaned it out and cut off the ends to leave me a clear tube, and after sticking one end into the tube and the other end into the plastic frame, my mask functions without leaks as before.

If you're an Airfit P10 user who likes to avoid unnecessary expenses, I hope this tip can save you having to order a whole new mask. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airfit P10 Repair
well done sir!

It''s good to read a success story. the one that served me well was the wiki about adjusting a mask to solve leak issues.The writer emphasized making small changes, and checking to make sure that straps on each side were the same length. Top=top. Bottom=Bottom. K keep going back to that one....

DaveL
Toronto
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I love a good success story! You're my kind of people!
Post Reply Post Reply
Did the repair hold up? I was thinking the same solution, but worried that there would be stress at the end of the inserted tube, causing another tear in the tubing at that point. I was looking for a better possible solution (like an angle joint and a tube that slipped on), rather than fixing the original problem.

What has your experience been since your repair?

Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,668 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,681 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  Glad to Have a Back-up, RM 11 Sent Back for Repair somewherein413 4 151 04-04-2024, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,515 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,954 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,298 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,723 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.