Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Combining data from two SD cards?
Combining data from two SD cards?
Is there a way to copy or append data from one SD card to another SD card? I'm trying out an AirCurve 10 VAuto and I want to add that machine's data onto my original SD card from my S9 Autoset. Is that possible?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Combining data from two SD cards?
(06-14-2018, 05:13 PM)sleeplover69 Wrote: Is there a way to copy or append data from one SD card to another SD card? I'm trying out an AirCurve 10 VAuto and I want to add that machine's data onto my original SD card from my S9 Autoset. Is that possible?

No it is not, both SD cards can be imported into sleepyhead or Resscan to run combined reports but the data cannot be combined onto one SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Could you import only specific dates from an SD card onto a sleepyhead profile?
Post Reply Post Reply
You could have a separate SD card or folder on your computer and copy and past the days you want to it, than upload to sleepyhead. You could also load all the days to sleepyhead and delete the ones you don't want.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
That's a good question, sleeplover69.  I don't believe there's a way; SH seems to scan all the data files on the SD card, match against what's already loaded (if anything has been), and "fill in the blanks".  That's how it worked when I deleted a day that seemed scrambled and had SH re-import it.  No picking dates, just hit 'Import'

If you have an extra SD card, you might try copying the two SD cards' contents onto your third card.  The extraneous data might not make your PAP upchuck but it would be horrible to discover that it did.

Another point I'm not sure has been considered: one of the tips for using SH is to set up different profiles for each machine that you use as well as a profile for each person.  I suppose you want the convenience of just scanning through each session, yet there might be a need to have the two machines' results distinguished.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I have two profiles from two SD cards: the original one from my S9 and one from a bilevel that I'm trying out for a week. The SD card for the bilevel has other people's data on it and I am trying to get only my data from the bilevel's SD card and somehow import it onto my original profile. Either that or somehow be able to merge the bilevel's profile with the original profile.

I tried pulling up my original profile, from there File -> Import Data -> "Would you like to import from this location?" Specify -> selecting folders under 'Datalog' on the bilevel's SD card. Nothing happens. When I tried again, SH would crash.

Is there like no way to somehow copy the files from the dated folders under 'Datalog' on the 2nd SD card and paste them onto the original SD card or somehow import these dated folders into the original profile?
Third card suggestion - Has anyone ever done this before with success?

I thought of another way, which is to create a new profile, upload the bilevel's data first, then upload my original data. But I'd have a lot of days worth of data to delete. Is there a way to batch purge in SH?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you go into File->Preferences->Import, you can set the date in the "Do not import data older than" to prevent the data from the previous users from being imported. Each machine has a serial number and setting history. I would create a profile for each machine to be safe.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know you can select dates to be excluded. I had to do that when I was given a different machine when mine arrived broken.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 115 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Data on 2 separate SD cards. Merge? eok361 21 876 12-11-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Compatible SD cards for ResMed AS11 suddenSomnolence 4 1,328 09-28-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  Philips Respironics Bipap Auto SV, cards and settings SenatorBirch 3 541 05-01-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 798 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.