Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Insurance doesn’t cover rent-to-own
RE: Insurance doesn’t cover rent-to-own
the only local dme I used, then dumped, charged my insurance (before accepting insurers allowed amount) 2 times mfg list price. idk but wouldn't be surprised if they mark up still further for walk in cash sales.
Post Reply Post Reply
They are a notch below a used car salesman. Trust nothing they say; go only according to what your insurance says.

That price is astronomical. Ask your insurance how much $ they allow for a CPAP, and then only authorize that.

Do not ever give them your credit card. My DME charges my insurance, receives payment from insurance, and THEN sends me the bill for the amount my insurance agrees that I owe; and then I mail a check. There should be no other way.

If they're high pressure now, they're going to continue being lousy to work with as you go forward. So I'd pick a different DME if I were you.

You have a choice in the matter... until you take a machine from them, and then you're stuck. (I did hand back a rental a month after accepting it. But since it's a rental, that's allowed.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Not just NO. HELL NO!!!

Supplier #2 and I would buy used. I believe around 390. I bought a used one with 1 month on it. Great machine great company.

You can buy a lot of supplies for 2600 dollars!!
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
One weird aspect is that this is the only local DME that’s in-network with my cost sharing “insurance”, which is why I went with them.  But the person sending me the quote admitted she didn’t even know if I was in-network yet, and she hadn’t called to confirm that yet, she had only confirmed that I hadn’t met my deductible yet, so it would be basically out-of-pocket.  She said how it would work is I would pay them the insane quote directly using my credit card, they’d submit to my “insurance”, and then I’d get any potential refunds later from the insurance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your DME is a for profit company and seems to be fishing for Suckers and think they have a big one on the line.
Post Reply Post Reply
Anyway, thank you all for your quick and appropriately outraged responses.  I’ll be looking into online DMEs now.   Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd be interested in knowing the name and location of this DME. That information should then be reported to your State's Attorney General and Department of Insurance. They are absolutely crooks.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Although I've yet to have a bad DME experience, listen to what the others are telling you. I've heard enough about DME's to be on-guard at all times. 

Mine is online, and they have been good. My machine is paid for in full and Medicare and BC/BS cover my supplies 100%.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2020, 09:02 PM)orand Wrote: One weird aspect is that this is the only local DME that’s in-network with my cost sharing “insurance”, which is why I went with them.  But the person sending me the quote admitted she didn’t even know if I was in-network yet, and she hadn’t called to confirm that yet, she had only confirmed that I hadn’t met my deductible yet, so it would be basically out-of-pocket.  She said how it would work is I would pay them the insane quote directly using my credit card, they’d submit to my “insurance”, and then I’d get any potential refunds later from the insurance.

I wouldn't trust this DME with any info at all. They either get your Credit Card info and bill you only or they seem crooked enough to bill your card then try a full bill to insurance. No No No CC info. Put your Nike running shoes on and exit stage right and fast. And yes mention this to your State Attorney General; DME name, phone, address. You can name it here too so as to warn others.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2020, 09:04 PM)bonjour Wrote: Your DME is a for profit company and seems to be fishing for Suckers and think they have a big one on the line.

Aaaaaaaaamen.

This is it!

Don't fall for it!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,515 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 198 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 274 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,861 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  It Just Doesn't Matter cmpman1974 6 637 12-04-2023, 12:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Insurance Compliance and Changing My Own Pressure Brennie 3 431 11-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.