Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Integrating 02 monitor with OSCAR (question!)
Integrating 02 monitor with OSCAR (question!)
I THINK that OSCAR with integrate Sp02 data from CMI handheld pulse oximeters.  I need to confirm this, please?

I intend to use the “duckbill” fingertip sensor and use it during sleep, as wrist monitors such as Wellue dont apparently integrate data with OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Integrating 02 monitor with OSCAR (question!)
spetzal,

There is a list of OSCAR compatable oximeters in the Wiki here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Oximeters

I'm not sure what brand CMI is but it does not appear on the list.

Wellue brand are certainly compatible.

For both Contec and Wellue you will need to use their respective oximeter software to get the data off the oximeter. Then the file can be imported into OSCAR.

Contec Software = Windows only
Wellue software = Windows & Mac
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
By "SpO2" are you referring to the oximeter's data file that has a ".spo2" suffix.  If so, then, "yes", it should be compatible with the Contec type devices.  The Wellue/Viatom oximeters DO import into OSCAR.  Look in Data ⇾ Import Viatom/Wellue Data to import their data files.

Here is the OSCAR Wiki on supported oximeters: https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph..._Oximeters

For more information on OSCAR, please see the OSCAR Help Wiki here: https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...OSCAR_Help
Additionally, my signature has several links which will provide additional help for you.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the info. Im sure this has been repeatedly asked before. The wealth of information on this forum sometimes makes it more practical to just ask the question again!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a Wellue Checkme O2 Max wrist oximeter that integrated well with OSCAR. BTW, love that it is on my wrist with small sensor on thumb
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using Windows 10 and I am able to import the binary Wellue file from my iPhone to my laptop. When I try to find the file using the Oscar import file, it doesn't find the file as it is looking for a file type with lots of brackets and my file is named 20221209213514 with no brackets.  I appear to be using Wellue Version 2.30.29.  Does this Apple version have a bug as I noticed that Version 2.60 (is it Apple or Android?) has a bug that won't download binary Wellue files.
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as I know 2.30.29 is the current iOS version. I have it on my iPhone and it works fine. I believe it was Android that had an issue with the binary files at some point.

Is Windows possibly adding an extension to the binary file when you import it?

In OSCAR, double check the location you are trying to import the binary file from.

The brackets you see in the import window of OSCAR are just to search for the binary file in the form YYYYMMDDHHmmss as long as you are in the correct folder (directory) it should find it.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-09-2022, 08:53 PM)kaykitchen2010 Wrote: I am using Windows 10 and I am able to import the binary Wellue file from my iPhone to my laptop. When I try to find the file using the Oscar import file, it doesn't find the file as it is looking for a file type with lots of brackets and my file is named 20221209213514 with no brackets.  I appear to be using Wellue Version 2.30.29.  Does this Apple version have a bug as I noticed that Version 2.60 (is it Apple or Android?) has a bug that won't download binary Wellue files.

OSCAR looks for a file named as you describe. In your case  20221209213514 - which is the data file from 9th December, 2022 commencing at 21:35 &14 seconds

For me to get this into OSCAR I cannot do this directly from the phone. I have the Viacom/Wellue O2 Insight Pro app on my laptop. Transfer data from oximeter to the O2 Insight Pro app via bluetooth (within the O2 Insight Pro app)  & then locate & copy the file from where on your laptop's O2 Insight Pro stores the data files.  Place the copied file somewhere accessible eg, on your desktop or a folder on your desktop & use the specifc command under DATA in Oscar to look for it there. 

DATA (at top of screen) /Import Viacom/Wellue data. (ie. Do not use 'Oximetry Wizard).

Before doing so import the night's sleep data from CPAP & rename the copied oximeter data file to the same time as the CPAP recording commenced.

eg if OSCAR says on 10th December 2022 you commenced use at 21:30 & 10seconds. You would need to change the name of the oximeter file tp 20221210213010 & then import it to OSCAR.  That's why you copy it. If you make a mistake with the renaming you haven't wrecked your only copy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Trying to import Wellue spO2 data from a "CheckMe O2" (not "Max"!), using the export function of the android software produced a CSV file.
While importing that file, OSCAR 1.4.0 crashed, reproducably (I tried with smaller and longer dataset).
My guess ist that OSCAR expects some proprietary file format from Wellue's iOS software, not simple CSV.

Any hint how to get the spO2 Data into OSCAR?

(could not attach sample file, as this file type "is not allowed")

Thanks,
Ralf
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR only imports the Wellue/Viatom binary data file. Please read the following.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ile_Import

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 108 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Oscar Question paulag1955 11 922 11-19-2023, 01:37 AM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Dreamstation 2 - so what can I monitor? p123 2 439 10-02-2023, 09:28 AM
Last Post: p123
  Oscar not seeing Wellue 02 Monitor Data mcman56 1 658 09-13-2023, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Quick OSCAR Question re Custom Event Flagging AndyB 3 718 06-06-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: AndyB
  SPO2 WRIST MONITOR CMS50F DanMcD 1 625 04-11-2023, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Question on data on OSCAR overview page redhermes 8 810 01-12-2023, 10:06 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.