Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] IntelliPAP AutoAdjust
RE: IntelliPAP AutoAdjust
Is it really SleepyHead software supports DeVilbiss Intellipap machines?
It seems that not memtioned in Super Sleeper's statement!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-04-2013, 11:25 PM)patlink Wrote: Is it really SleepyHead software supports DeVilbiss Intellipap machines?
It seems that not memtioned in Super Sleeper's statement!
Hi patlink, welcome to Apnea board
Its been mentioned here (download link) the support for DeVilbiss Intellipap machines
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-software

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for correcting my mistake. May I know does SleepyHead software supports DeVilbiss DV51D? or it only support DV54?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2013, 08:15 AM)patlink Wrote: May I know does SleepyHead software supports DeVilbiss DV51D? or it only support DV54?
SH support IntelliPAP series but according to comparison chart ... DV51 is not data capable machine, does not report efficacy data/event detection. IntelliPAP series comparison chart http://www.devilbisshealthcare.com/produ...ap-devices

Post Reply Post Reply
IntelliPAP AutoAdjust with Smart Flex
- 1 star for being older design and Ugly Wink

Just got a new Sleep doctor. As my old Respironics was making noise and was frankly outdated. So needed a new prescription. He did point me to RESMED and Respironics. "as they own most of the market" That set off my rebel tendency a bit.

What he listed as reasons why:
He likes the Cloud data, that one has and both will have soon
He has software to read the cards
He can change settings on their machines

How I addressed those:
Don't care about cloud for my machine..
I have software now that can read my machine and bring him reports
I can change the machine or have him do it as I have the settings

Its been over 10 years since my sleep study, but I have 100% compliance and wear out my machines about every 5 yeas. I am not 100% sure Insurance will cover it. AS there are no records of the original study So price was a factor.

In the end I came down to the:
AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Or
The DevilBiss Intellipap Auto with Smartflex

With the same options
+Data card and software kit [won't use SD card without this KIT so add it at purchase, when it is discounted 66%)
+ Humidifier
The DeVilBiss was about $400 cheaper than the AirSense

I ended up with the DeVilBiss

Pros of Intellipap:
* When you get the data kit with software it comes with cables that allows me to talk to it on my Windows 8.1 2in1 machine with no special drivers. It supports user Firmware Updates which they did at least one that added new features 2 years ago.. I like that kind of company. Even comes with a nice SD card reader. So you need nothing more than the kit to get detailed connection and data features
* at 26DB even next to me on the floor it is silent. My wife's' reaction was "That is weird, I hope I can sleep with it that quiet"
* Has multiple ways of getting reports. you can get a summary of the last day, week, month, or 90 days by entering short codes from the screen onto a website.. That's easy.. That comes with it even if you don't add the SD card / Cable software kit. You can connect the machine live to the PC and see real time graphs, make your setting changes without all the LCD menu madness, and you can of course get very detailed reports off the SD card.
*No AC Brick!! It has both an AC plug for a simple industry standard cable like I have on lots of devices and an DC port for 12 volt battery operation so you can run it off a car plug. they sell a cable for this.
* It does all I needed and more for almost half the price or my other preferred option.
*Five Year warranty!! So basically I will never pay for a repair until its time for a new machine.. NICE!! I have the back up machine that is noisier but would hold me during a need to send this on in for repairs.

CON:
*Its UGLY.. looks very 1990's medical.. I will be getting some stickers for it.. maybe some pin stripes etc. Maybe some blue tape and make it look like a tiny tardis. (Dr Who)
*manuals are average.. but I am used to that with Tech
* No heated tube port. Not a feature I cared about .. but it is there on the competing machine so I mention it

What I liked when I got it.
*Love the case. has a zipper expandable area for hose and what ever size mask you are taking.
* Buttons and menus are pretty well laid out.
* DATA!!! This is my first machine with all this data at my fingertips. Since I have something concrete to share, I will actually schedule a follow up with my Sleep DR to discuss my proper pressure etc.
* And my first 3 nights have been great!!!

Its very modular:
* The humidifier comes off easily (is packed in the separated mode to prevent water getting into machine in travel) the tray has a lot of surface area almost like a passive humidifier. I like this as I run without heat on all but the coldest nights.
* The SD card port for the machine is an add-on. Its only $50 with the machine from the place I bought it so was a no brainer. ($150 purchases later) Even supports and OXIMETER options. Kit comes with the software for reporting (which is very average and made for a DR so has patent management system ? Kit also comes with a nice Serial to USB converter that worked automatically in Windows 8.1 no drivers to install. And even a USB extension cord.. enough cord to be 20 feet from the machine while connected to a computer
And SleepyHead fully supports reading the SD card and doing detailed reports off of it.

The machine does more than I expected. With an extra surprise discount I got from the seller I paid less than expected .. (If they see you move away from a shopping cart during checkout the site gives you an extra discount code to close the sale)

Even found that it has an option to do a "mini sleep study" where it can split the night reports between a set pressure and Auto for set number of nights. Haven't fully read up on this..
And it has live titration via the PC Remote software.

After my first three nights.. on my first APAP.. I am sleeping well waking up well and even checking the data right there in bed to see if it all worked well overnight!!

Is it a better machine than the $900+ Airsense? I don't know.. But I feel confident that it is a better value, while not sacrificing the quality if my treatment at all.

The Airsense seems to be a bit smaller (but has Brick) and has nicer look with pretty blue LEDs vs Green.. but I don't even regret it right now because this did all I wanted and more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Very nice review, wordjoy!

Thanks
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Quip, I moved your post and it's reply here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Smart-Code
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
This is the machine I have used between May 2009 and Dec 2016 7.5 years

IntelliPAP AutoAdjust Travel CPAP Machine with SmartFlex model DV54D
IntelliPAP Integrated Heated Humidifier
SmartLink Version 2 Software with Module, Cables, Data Card and Card Reader for DeVilbiss IntelliPAP Machines
(This product is no longer available) (this is what adds the SD card to the machine and it is the card that SleepyHead uses

A. The overall value of the product (what you get for how much it costs)
4 stars losing one because todays leading machines have better data, More options and a finer degree of detail, then this machine is capable of.

B. Whether the product worked as advertised.
Absolutely this machine has worked as advertised

C. What you liked about the product - be specific - with details.
SleepyHead compatible
This machine, with the now unavailable SmartLink Module, is Full Data capable. At the time of purchase it was my only data capable machine. I would not buy a machine that was not data capable. I mean how can you possibly manage your apnea with no knowledge of what is going on.
Hold up to 90 days detail data, not just compliance data onboard. This means that you can forget to load your SD card back into the machine and recover that data for external data analysis (SleepyHead)
The Humidfier integrates into the base keeping a very small footprint
There is no power brick, only a simple cord to plug in.
Has a DC option (which I never used)
5 Year warranty, awesome, but I never needed it
Cost – fairly inexpensive with frequent sales available
Pressure Range 3-20 cm H20 (.5 increments)
SmartFlex (EPR) with 1,2, or 3 cm of support
Ramp Time 0-45 mins in 5 min increments and .5 increments for pressure)
Starting Ramp Pressure From 4cm up to CPAP pressure, CPAP-user-adjustable
Automatic Altitude adjustment to 9000 ft

D. What you disliked about the product - again, be specific.
I now have the AirCurve 10 VAuto a BiLevel machine which has more detailed data so my standards have been raised. Even though this is not a BiLevel machine it IS my GOTO backup machine.

E. Any suggestions you can offer to readers if they use this product themselves.
This is a VERY durable APAP machine absolutely capable of providing excellent therapy for many years. It has survived several unintentional drops, I don't recommend the drop testing

two plots for DeVilbiss Intellipap DV54D,

SleepyHead
[Image: mGJhbXfl.png]

SmartLink
[Image: h4iHsAyl.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the review!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Paula
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] DeVilbiss IntelliPAP 2 AutoAdjust Auto CPAP Machine with Heated Humidifier PulseDose dfstarman 4 5,447 12-23-2022, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Cuppa
  [Product Review] DeVilbiss IntelliPap BiLevel DV55-S TheDuke 0 5,748 03-23-2014, 05:33 PM
Last Post: TheDuke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.