Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Intellipap 2 au to adjust CPAP
Intellipap 2 au to adjust CPAP
Wondering if anyone is experiencing really bad wind from your CPAP machine? If so, any way to stop or reduce it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Intellipap 2 au to adjust CPAP
G'day Tracball. Welcome to Apnea Board. Just to clarify what you're asking - is the machine blowing too hard (ie pressure too high)? Or are you experiencing gas in the stomach?

To adjust the pressure, you can get the clinician manual here: https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual However we don't recommend changing pressures without a more thorough understanding of what the problem is.

If you're talking about stomach gas, this is called aerophagia. This is fairly common, though (touch wood) I've never had it myself. There are lots of discussions about aerophagia on the forum - just follow this link. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/search....order=desc
Post Reply Post Reply
yes to swallowing air. massive belching upon mask-off and some farting (I guess it's okay to say that in this day and age). just once had a couple days of abdominal discomfort. problem eases over time for some. lower pressure helps if possible depending on treatment needs. I live with it because I believe I need higher pressure; maybe in time I'll find that sweet spot that reduces oa's without aerophagia.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tracball, you are using a really wide range of pressure. It would be interesting to see if you can get Sleepyhead 1.1.0 working with your machine and maybe we can help you identify a more ideal pressure range that cuts events without causing aerophagia. Read this thread to learn how to download the Sleepyhead beta and let's see if we can get that working. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...STING-Beta
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please help me adjust settings from OSCAR to CPAP deirdrepen 2 320 01-14-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Using Vcom : do i adjust my EPR? theredheadsaid 65 7,359 09-09-2023, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Equipment] Adjust time on Airsense 11 Liveoak86 2 654 08-19-2023, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Liveoak86
Sad Please review my data and help me adjust my settings DC2Shogun 61 4,483 08-13-2023, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is it time to adjust up or down? SleeplessNSeattle 1 469 07-16-2023, 02:36 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can’t adjust to nasal mask HRU1923 6 945 06-11-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: HRU1923
  Please help adjust my setting 1978 11 1,312 04-01-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: 1978

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.