Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Intellipap 2 humidifier leaks
Question 
Intellipap 2 humidifier leaks
Hello

I am contemplating getting a Devlibliss Intellipap  2 with humidifier but read several reviews critical of the humidifer due to leaks.

Does anyone have one and have you experienced leaks?

THank You
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Intellipap 2 humidifier leaks
(08-25-2018, 06:48 AM)dfstarman Wrote: Hello

I am contemplating getting a Devlibliss Intellipap  2 with humidifier but read several reviews critical of the humidifer due to leaks.

Does anyone have one and have you experienced leaks?

THank You

You currently have a resmed S9 autoset I would stick with the resmed range you can get a Resmed Autoset 10 lightly used from Supplier #2 on our supplier list or often on Craig's List for a reasonable price.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you sell Resmed and are unfamiliar with intellipap2?
Post Reply Post Reply
Speaking for jaswilliams and myself, none of us here works for any CPAP manufacture, although one member lives in the same town. Most of us will be unfamiliar with the Intellipap 2, since it is new and uncommon.

The ResMed and Respironics machines are the most common - by far - and are better supported by SleepyHead, which seems to be the software of choice for examining our own data. Also, if you like the feel of the S9, why not move to the latest model, which has many improvements?

My only problem with the Intellipap 2 is that it is not supported by SleepyHead, and may not ever be, since it is new and uncommon. I might try one out if I could use the manufacture's software that gave comparable data analysis.

OTOH, I make full use of ResMed's EPR as a limited bi-level to overcome my hypopneas and flow limitations, so I am unlikely to change.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had an Intellepap for years, but my numbers (AHI) was running high.  Intellipaps have a tighter criteria for Hyponeas as I found in hindsight.  As a backup/occasional use machine no problem.  

For support I would suggest a machine that is fully Sleepyhead compatible.  ResMed would be my 1st choice.
Post Reply Post Reply
But not an Intellipap2 correct?
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a reason the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset is the most popular machine on the forum. It performs exceptionally and provides the feedback you need to optimize.

I'm the one that lives in Murrysville, PA where Respironics is built and designed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the endorsement of Resmed , but that was not the information I was seeking.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 284 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 139 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 161 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 108 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 501 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 768 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.