Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Interchangeability of equip and mask cushions?
Interchangeability of equip and mask cushions?
Just a couple of quick questions.If I have a Philips respironics cpap machine,then the hoses would be interchangeable with other machines?Yes?

If I have a full face Quattro Mirage mask,then only a Mirage Quattro cushion will fit?And if it is medium in size,then only a medium size cushion will fit?

Thanks.

SMM
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interchangeability of equip and mask cushions?
The parts are interchangeable between machines. I am not aware of any mask or machine with proprietary sizes among the equipment available today.

I'm sure if I'm wrong on this, someone will speak up!

"Take it as it comes, specialize in having fun"
-- Jim Morrison
Post Reply Post Reply
The hoses are interchangeable unless they are heated hoses. Then you need the specific hose for your machine. The masks are pretty much all interchangeable.

Generally it needs to be the correct cushion (and size) for your specific mask. There is at least one exception where a newer mask uses the cushions from an older model - the Resmed F10 replaced the Quattro Air and uses the same cushion. I don't know of any others like that but there may be.
Post Reply Post Reply
And for the Mirage Quattro, the medium pillows only fit the medium mask.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed Slimline hose should only be used with the ResMed machines that can be set for it (machine setting).

Heated hoses only fit the machine they are for. Meaning ResMed's and PR's aren't interchangeable.

Other than that, the hose ends are all the same.

Sadly, not many FFMs frames accept different size cushions. The Simplus does and I think the FlexiFit does. The Quattro does not.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all of you for responding.I figured that hoses would likely be standard,except maybe for the specialty hoses.

The answer to masks and cushions was one that I had questions about.At first it would seem reasonable to expect that only medium cushions would fit on a medium mask,but I wouldn't know for sure without asking.

Would a person have to replace the headgear periodically? The older used machine came with the Mirage Quattro FFM and headgear.It appears that the fellow that had this machine must have had a cat.Not that I am opposed to cats,but there was hair on the machine...travel bag...and headgear.Perhaps a good soaking and then a good scrubbing would clean it up adequately before I used it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Anyone know if Resmed Mirage Quattro full face mask size Medium can use the Small cushion? The medium is too big. Thanks
Barbara
Ajijic, Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico
Post Reply Post Reply
I wish I could help ya Barbie.The posts above from Paula02 and PaytonA would suggest that the mask is size specific and not flexible in the ability to accept other sizes..

Any idea how a person could size a mask without a Dr or Cpap rep? I have a Mirage Quattro mask,and it is medium.Would the medium be a pretty popular size?Maybe I should chance it.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are some templates here: http://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/sup...-mask.html

Not every model unfortunately, but the Mirage Quattro is there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sierra...that would be a pricey experiment. I read on another post that you can go to the Resmed site, search masks and when you bring up the one you're interested in there is a link to a sizing chart for that mask.
Barbara
Ajijic, Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nose mask vs nasal cushions and leak dry eyes silverdr 6 921 09-22-2023, 06:51 PM
Last Post: KeepingItSimple
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,526 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  AirFit F30 Cushions websterling 4 596 02-15-2023, 08:22 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  [Equipment] Safety of memory foam CPAP cushions shutto 0 675 02-05-2023, 12:24 PM
Last Post: shutto
  Cushions on ResMed AirTouch N20 NainJo 2 914 01-28-2023, 11:09 PM
Last Post: NainJo
  Cheapest place to buy mask cushions (in U.S.)? newmar 4 724 12-09-2022, 08:52 PM
Last Post: newmar
  AirFit F20 Cushions Sleepless in Dewberry 5 674 12-09-2022, 12:45 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.