Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Interchangeable Brands for Facemasks
Question 
Interchangeable Brands for Facemasks
Hello, it's been a while since I checked in. Sorry! Okay, I have been using a certain brand of nasal pillows with proper face strap. After years on the medium pillows my face has become distorted. My nostrils have increased in size and look, "pulled up" now permanently. I tried going down to the small but couldn't get a seal. Just talked DME supplier and they are suggesting a different brand nasal mask. They said it will work with my machine. I never knew masks were interchangeable and wondered why would they suggest another brand than my CPAP machine. Anyone else experience these issues?
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interchangeable Brands for Facemasks
You can use a Resmed machine and use Respironics masks, or Respironics machines and use Resmed masks, or any other brand. All use universal 22 millimeter hose couplings. Take a look at some profiles on the forum, and you will see many members mix brands...me for instance.

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay thank you! Good to know in case my co-pays come back to high. I can check other venues.
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi 2Tim215,
Good to hear from you again.
Yes, you can interchange different brands of mask with your machine brand.
Good luck with getting a mask that will work for you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Trish. Now you are one member who I remember well! Always there welcoming our new members etc. Hope all is well, Tim
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2015, 03:05 PM)2Tim215 Wrote: Thanks Trish. Now you are one member who I remember well! Always there welcoming our new members etc. Hope all is well, Tim
Hi 2Tim215,
All is well here, hope the same for you there, thank you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't want anyone getting nervous about this post with my facial distortions. Basically I am not very concerned about the way I look now, but believe I should have switched things around throughout my faithful years on CPAP. Like going from nasal pillows then after a while switch to a nasal mask. If the nasal mask works for me I'll probably stay with it if I get a good seal. I don't want to move up to the large nasal pillows now since this is a life time needed therapy. Looking forward to trying the mask. DME will contact me Monday to tell me my co-pays.
Have a good night everyone.
Sleep-well
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are P30i and N30i cushions interchangeable? dkemp234 2 840 11-13-2022, 03:56 PM
Last Post: dkemp234
  Full facemasks leaking problem djfro 3 678 10-11-2022, 10:05 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  DS1 and DS2 - Are the Filters and Humidity Tank Interchangeable? brianc18t 2 733 04-09-2022, 12:02 PM
Last Post: DaveCar
Question Brands / types of tape for mouth taping? Bassline 79 14,227 01-08-2022, 10:45 AM
Last Post: nightgagger
  [Equipment] odorless CPAP hose/material/brands runcyclexcski 1 835 10-17-2021, 10:34 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  [Equipment] Other brands and model alternatives to Dreamstation autoSV DSX900T11C ggoodrich 2 1,072 08-24-2021, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Recommended brands of Soft Cervical Collar? Chalkie 3 900 09-26-2020, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.