Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed P10, Amara View
Humidifier: Yes
CPAP Pressure: 8-15
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Interested in feedback on CAs experiencing
I have been on APAP for 3-4mths now and its worked really well. I only had a moderate AHI 17 on my sleep study. That said, the impact was instantaneous - energy, no fatigue, etc.

Anyway, one thing I experience is a very small amount of CAs now - maybe 6-20 a night. Typically with an AHI around 0.5 to 3. I thought I should look at them and have people more knowledgeable than myself give their opinion.

My initial take is that as I don't seem to take a large breath in after not breathing for a little while my body is not insufficiently oxygenated while not breathing. I assume the APAP is giving my body more than enough oxygen and the pauses in breath are not really CAs but rather "natural" if you can really say that.
I hope the image link works (first time).
Appreciate any feedback on this.

Dafod

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2015 07:26 PM by Dafod.)
05-22-2015 06:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
retired_guy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.6/14, EPR 3

Other Comments: Is it bedtime yet?

RE: Interested in feedback on CAs experiencing
Google wouldn't let me look at your image, but your thought that the CA's may not be "real" could be accurate. I'd like to know what your pressures were: Minimum, 95%, and max. What are the min/max settings? ..finally, how many and what kind of events did you experience -- OA's vs CA's vs Hypop's vs dog and cat arousals, vs smelling the morning coffee arousals. Whatever you help with.
05-22-2015 07:11 PM
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Let's see if I can help with that:
[Image: SH.jpg]

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
05-22-2015 07:37 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Dafod Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset or PR1 560

Other Comments:

Hi Retired_guy,
sorry about the image. I have uploaded it now and I also have uploaded an image with my basic settings as seen by SH. Essentially I barely get OA only Hypop's. On my sleep study all but one of my "events" were hypop's and one OA, plus one CA. Now all I seem to get is CA with the odd hypop.    

My pressure is set for 6-20 but it rarely gets above 8. I have also attached my general stats.

Dafod
05-22-2015 07:37 PM
quiescence at last Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: REMstar System One with Autoflex
Mask Make & Model: Quattro AirFit F10
Humidifier: yes typical setting = 4
CPAP Pressure: 5-13 Autotritrating CPAP
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: CMS-50F Plus oximeter /w SPO2 Assistant software. Avowed mouth-breather switching to nose-breathing

Welcome Dafod! I looked at your charts and have little to say, but it looks like you are getting very effective treatment.

The CA event you showed is very likely a central nervous system caused apnea. The real question is why you would be halting your breathing. I think the answer is you are giving your body just precisely what it needs, but your brain still expects the old outcome. I think your CAs are central, and that they are caused by the extra oxygen and inflation pressure. THAT IS NOT BAD. It is just different from before. You will get used to it, and the brain will also recognize good stuff as the NEW PLAN. And, the CAs will gradually go away-ish. Some get complete relief from this, others get nearly complete relief.

You have a great story so far.

QAL

p.s. you will see your machine does increase pressure at times when you do not get a labelled event. The machine is smart enough to recognize other things happening with your breathing, and react before something like an event happens. That is really nice in your case, but some have so many jumps in pressure that they get a bit disrupted.

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
05-22-2015 08:46 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
retired_guy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.6/14, EPR 3

Other Comments: Is it bedtime yet?

Thanks for the charts Daf....

I agree completely with QAL. Your results look great. Just keep doing what you're doing and let's see if the CA's don't go away by themselves. Sometimes a very small increase in minimum pressure can help, but in your case I don't think that should be done just yet. I think you're right on! Good job!
05-22-2015 08:56 PM
Dafod Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset or PR1 560

Other Comments:

thanks for the feedback. The APAP setup seems to be really helping me anecdotally - energy, concentration, etc. Also, no morning headache/migraines! I think I am lucky I got onto this as I am relatively young at 48, relatively fit and light (weight) - ie didn't really score in for a test on first blush. Again, appreciate the feedback to know I am not on the wrong track.
05-22-2015 10:00 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
vsheline Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

Hi Dafod,

I think your centrals are small in number and short and nothing to worry about.

I think slowly increasing your Min Pressure until it is a couple cmH2O higher would help the Pressure be more steady. (Sent you a Private Message.)

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2015 11:44 AM by vsheline.)
05-23-2015 11:35 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Would Welcome Your Feedback About This harmon k 18 681 10-29-2016 05:48 PM
Last Post: PoolQ
  [split] Feedback Requested shokk 2 247 07-10-2016 09:42 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  User Feedback On SleepZone Heated Hose Mutineer 5 513 05-30-2016 03:28 AM
Last Post: Mutineer
Question [Equipment] Are diagnosed pressure index based on faulty feedback Earthfuture 5 492 02-28-2016 07:30 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Question PR DreamStation feedback requested preferably from users but others welcomed cate1898 12 1,932 11-09-2015 10:59 PM
Last Post: cate1898
  107 Days In -- Looking for Feedback AndyB 16 2,041 10-17-2015 12:55 AM
Last Post: Stumbonie
  new and seeking feedback sunshine 10 1,758 09-23-2015 09:43 AM
Last Post: SaldusMiegas