Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10
Humidifier: Part of S10
CPAP Pressure: 4-21
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Retired engineer - into numbers and technology

Sex: Male

Interesting First Night
Interesting experience last night. Thought I would share.

For the first 3 nights, all I could do is wear the P10 / S10 for 1 hour. Last night, I was able to wear it for the entire night - 8 hours.

Normally, I wake up every 1-2 hours and over the night produce a lot of urine - about 800cc. I have always assumed it was because of the body not producing anti diuretic hormone because of not falling into a deep sleep.

Last night, I had the unit on for the first time for the entire evening. STILL WOKE UP EVERY 1-2 HOURS (WILL THAT EVER END?) but produced only 200cc of urine and woke up feeling a little better rested. Possibly I actually slept better, fell into deep sleep and produced anti diuretic hormone - just guessing.

Just wondering if others had a similar experience.
09-16-2014 09:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
retired_guy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.6/14, EPR 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Is it bedtime yet?

RE: Interesting First Night
Getting up to urinate is a common side effect of sleep apnea. One that usually goes away or modifies significantly as you begin treatment. I never actually measured mine though. I just logged the mileage between the bed and the bathroom. That gave me an extra 3,829 steps per day on my fitbit. Well, to be honest I don't even know if that's correct or not.

Yes, the waking up every 1-2 hours may get better although I do wake up frequently in the night, evaluate my cave, roll over and go back to sleep. So that's not so bad.
09-16-2014 09:39 AM
sleepyCoder Offline

Members

Machine: ResMed S10 For Her

(09-16-2014 09:39 AM)retired_guy Wrote:  Getting up to urinate is a common side effect of sleep apnea. One that usually goes away or modifies significantly as you begin treatment. I never actually measured mine though. I just logged the mileage between the bed and the bathroom. That gave me an extra 3,829 steps per day on my fitbit. Well, to be honest I don't even know if that's correct or not.

Yes, the waking up every 1-2 hours may get better although I do wake up frequently in the night, evaluate my cave, roll over and go back to sleep. So that's not so bad.

I just reread your post for the third time. Are you saying that going on a cpap, IN YOUR CASE, did not really reduce the number of time you wake up in the middle of the night? I know everyone is different, just curious.
09-16-2014 10:55 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
retired_guy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.6/14, EPR 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Is it bedtime yet?

I still wake up, but it's different. Before I woke up because I was stressed, probably due to an apnea event, and I had to go to the bathroom. Lots of that. After cpap I still come to, but in a relaxed way. It's like I just had a great nights sleep although maybe only two hours have passed. So I wake up, think to myself "I'm lovin' this," flip from side to back, or back to side, and go back to sleep.

This morning I did wake up an hour before I really wanted to, but that had more to do with the two puppies licking my ear than it did sleep apnea.
09-16-2014 11:02 AM
sleepyCoder Offline

Members

Machine: ResMed S10 For Her

Good description. Since it was a first for me, I did not describe it that way but on thinking about, I think it was the same for me. Thanks. Even now I feel a certain 'relaxed' like when I was younger and actually slept at night. Thanks
09-16-2014 11:07 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Maybe you have TB.

(Tiny Bladder)

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
09-16-2014 11:08 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  INTERESTING READS FOR NEWBIES srlevine1 1 241 12-02-2016 06:21 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  Found something interesting.. tisho23 4 283 12-02-2016 05:36 AM
Last Post: tisho23
  1st night with DreamWear mask - Best night ever pwgphoto 34 5,346 08-30-2016 08:36 PM
Last Post: HoustonMIke
  Some interesting differences between PAP resultes and sleep study results KSMatthew 4 433 08-23-2016 07:16 PM
Last Post: richb
  Medicare covered Codes - interesting docs and links for US icyura10 0 248 08-10-2016 12:48 AM
Last Post: icyura10
  [Treatment] Seeing significantly different AHI numbers night to night galenaforest 4 824 02-25-2016 02:27 AM
Last Post: Dagmar1
  New to APAP. Very, very interesting! Aether087 26 1,837 02-17-2016 03:24 PM
Last Post: Aether087