Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problem Installing Sleepyhead
Problem Installing Sleepyhead
Sorry for my incompetence; I've been attempting to install Sleepyhead 1.1.0 on my Mac, but I'm unable to understand the installation directions.

I'm trying to follow the "Beginner's Guide to Installing Sleepyhead," which says that after downloading, it should open as a "Volume." Then you drag the icon to the Applications folder; after it's copied, drag it to the Dock for launching.  

Well, I manage to download Sleepyhead for Mac; then I see a white box, with a sheep wearing a CPAP in the upper left, and the words SleepyHead beneath it. Is this a "volume"?

I can drag it to the Applications folder,  but I'm unable to drag it to the Dock. However, if I double-click on Sleepyhead in the Applications folder, it now appears in the Dock. Same thing?

Finally, when I open the Sleepyhead app, I get a "Select Profile" box, with Sleepmeister and my name (open), etc. Can anyone take me though these steps?

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problem Installing SleepyHead
And, upon further review, it appears that I've apparently installed SleepyHead. 

However, rather than now being asked to "create" a profile, I have profiles already listed for myself and Sleepmeister (probably because I installed SleepyHead previously, even though I never figured out how to use it?). 

Anyway, I'm unable to input anything with the keyboard, including "Search," or to select my Profile; the Select Profile box just seems to be frozen.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problem Installing SleepyHead
(03-14-2019, 10:16 PM)Amishboy51 Wrote: And, upon further review, it appears that I've apparently installed SleepyHead. 

However, rather than now being asked to "create" a profile, I have profiles already listed for myself and Sleepmeister (probably because I installed SleepyHead previously, even though I never figured out how to use it?). 

Anyway, I'm unable to input anything with the keyboard, including "Search," or to select my Profile; the Select Profile box just seems to be frozen.

if you can click one of the profiles it should be blue background with white text, then click the welcome tab in the welcome tab you should be able to import your data
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problem Installing Sleepyhead
Thank you; I was able to complete the process and view results. Now I just have to figure out what all the data means!  Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 223 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Error while installing OSCAR on Lenovo Chromebook Bodie 15 1,236 10-29-2023, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Bodie
  Problem Downloading Oscar 1.5.1 itchy365 5 563 10-17-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 733 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand
  OSCAR and Mac set up problem B. McKone 4 719 08-11-2023, 06:52 PM
Last Post: B. McKone
  Oscar Problem Dannobre 2 551 08-03-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Dannobre

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.