Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Interesting SleepyHead problems..
Interesting SleepyHead problems..
My w-7 computer crashed.  Been busily trying to get it back up from a fresh OS install.  Had no luck installing either version of the SH program.  These dandies greeted my efforts:

Apparently the .dll is corrupted or missing [api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-0.dll]

Here is information on repairing it if anyone interested.

Will follow the video tomorrow to see if it works (my head hurts) Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interesting SleepyHead problems..
Which version of SleepyHead did you download? Version 1.1.0 plays a little differently than the earlier versions. You might try 1.0.0 first, then 1.1.0.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried both- several times and get the same results.  Still working on fresh w-7 system install so checking back as I think of it..
Plans are to reinstall the .dll later as per notes above.
Thanks Crimson
Post Reply Post Reply
You might also consider installing SleepyHead v0.9.8-1 which I still use with much success. Try OpenGL first and if no go try BrokenGL.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2019, 11:28 AM)sonicboom Wrote: You might also consider installing SleepyHead v0.9.8-1 which I still use with much success.  Try OpenGL first and if no go try BrokenGL.

Not still available??

The 'fix' noted above still doesn't work with the 1.0.0 or 1.1.0 versions available here:

Guess I'll just use the 'ole ResScan in the meantime Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
zzzZorro - Go to "wikidll" and put a search for the file "api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-0.dll". They have a 32 and 64 bit version of the file for download.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You Friend for the information.  As usual with major computer problems I am 'over my head' but too stubborn to give up..
The Wiki link was helpful in obtaining the .dlls but the 'automatic' correction is still under development.
I had been working with a youtube video for direction (which didn't work either) so decided to install the NEW .dll's the way they suggested- 64 in 32 folder and 32 in 64 folder.
Still did not work so I followed the' How to Register' instructions and that still doesn't work either.
Wiki was not clear as to just which folder to put the System32 OR SysWOW64 .dll into. [If putting the missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-0.dll file into the proper directory] Register it.
BOTH folders already had api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-0.dll's in them- so either they were corrupted or whatever so I left them there as I was afraid to delete them.

ResScan is a poor substitute for Sleepyhead, but I'll limp along until OSCAR or the Wiki Download solution is up and running.  Hopefully that will 'patch' the problem.
Thanks Again CN Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Took the bull by the horns and forcibly took the OLD .dll's out of BOTH folders and put NEWER x64 dll's back into both.  Still crashes the SleepyHead program and won't finish loading it.

Heck with it! Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
MO-BETTER!
Got it going with 1.0.0 beta program.  Lost all my notes.  It seems the system SSD started to have glitches so it was replaced with another SSD.  SleppyHead would default until the .dll's were downloaded from where Nate pointed me to [Thanks!]  Don't know just what cured the problem but after repeated re-boots and system updates on the reloaded W-7 Ultimate it seems to be perkin..
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 49 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Problems displaying graphs on Daily page SueB 4 564 11-14-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: SueB
  OSCAR Problems on Mac Sonoma 14.0 kenhh 6 1,060 11-05-2023, 01:40 AM
Last Post: WW4B
  Need help with OSCAR--several problems and can't use it SideSleeper 14 1,157 01-11-2023, 06:43 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  OSCAR HELP- New Problems ApneaticBill 4 548 11-25-2022, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  RamboAB - Wellue Import Problems RamboAB 29 1,863 06-12-2022, 12:19 PM
Last Post: RamboAB
  Problems installing Encore Pro Chalkie 20 2,854 02-28-2022, 06:06 PM
Last Post: jpearson0525

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.