Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Interesting night- Adjusted pressure part way through night
Interesting night- Adjusted pressure part way through night
I am a couple of months into the CPAP experience and adjusting pretty well. My AHI dropped immediately from 43 (sleep study) to 1-2 after starting with the machine. My prescribed pressures were causing a lot of lip leak, mouth dryness etc. so I tried dropping my pressure to 5-6 constant. Surprisingly my AHI did not change. A few nights later I boosted it again in the 6-10 range thinking I could tweak it a bit more. Immediately my lip leak developed again and it was so uncomfortable, I woke up in the middle of the night and adjusted it back down again. However, the trade-off seems to be more AHI events with lower pressure.

I have tried a screenshot to show what happened. Any observations or suggestions?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interesting night- Adjusted pressure part way through night
That pretty much comports with my experience. More pressure = less events but more risk of side effects.

Generally, it's a good idea to leave it alone for a week or two at a time so you get a good sample size. Sometimes odd stuff just happens, maybe you slept on your back more after changing it.

If your AHI is good at 5-6 and you feel you are sleeping well, I'd just leave it there.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interesting night- Adjusted pressure part way through night
agree you need not fuss if you are not having poor results (pressure range 5-6). feeling rested is one of the results you should be experiencing.

if you are not feeling rested, we'll be helped by a couple other data points.

flow - thanks for that, suggest you change the y axis to -60 min 60 max
pressure - thanks for that, suggest you change the y axis to 4 min 12 max
respiration - y axis 5 min 25 max
insp - good indicator for sleep quality and comparison to expr
expr - good indicator for sleep quality and comparison to insp
tidal volume - really helpful to me, as I gain some insight from changes through the night.
minute volume - an extra.
leakage - an extra unless it shows large leak.

I listed these in my personal preference order. other might key in on different attributes.
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 155 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Eagerly seeking ancient CPAP part ! Visualist 3 278 03-12-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Visualist
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 143 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 612 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 115 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,066 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,157 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.