Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] What does all this OSCAR data mean? Help?
RE: Newbie Question
I have not seen any theoretical means of determining whether you are getting deep sleep based on respiration waveforms, etc.

Brain wave tracking via EEG is the only conclusive way I know.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
 I received my NEW Airsense 11 today and I am very excited to try it out tonight (what a nerd I must be).  The sleep tech who showed me all the ins and outs was WAY more helpful than the doctor. She gave me an F30i mask in medium but my head must be gigantic because the top connector ends up on my forehead (well almost) and I need larger headgear. After 3 months my insurance says I will own it as long as I comply and until then, I am renting it. I am looking forward to actual real humidity and some piece and quiet after using the Airmini. I put a card in it so I can see what it looks like in OSCAR. I switched to a full face mask (F20) and it seems to have alleviated my mouth leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
Thanks        
Night 1 with the Air Sense 11 was a success! I made a few small changes, but over all, it was pretty good. Attaching a screenshot of my OSCAR data
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations on the new machine! I'd like to suggest you start using EPR, which may help reduce your flow limitations. It is possible that the FLs keep you from sleeping as well as you might. (Then again, they may make no difference; still, it's worth experimenting.)

You can jump straight to EPR of 3 or work up to it via EPR of 1 and then 2 -- your choice. Ordinarily, you'd want to raise your minimum to compensate for the EPR, but your AHI is so low I see no reason to do that unless it turns out you need it.

As you may already know, EPR drops your pressure when you exhale. By the same token, it increases your pressure when you inhale, and that little boost supports your inhalation and may help you overcome FLs. FLs can occur anywhere in the airway. When they're in the nose, EPR may not help very much; reducing nasal congestion would be the better route. But when the FLs are in the pharynx, EPR can be helpful in dealing with the tissues lining the pharynx, which tend to relax and sag a little during sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you kindly. That was one of the fine tweeks I made. Setting the EPR to 3 full time and hopefully I can remain lurking in the shadows. Dielaughing One thing of interest (to me anyway) is the humidification tank was empty after being filled last night to max. No cracks in the tank or or water in the machine. Yes I do live in a cold climate (Chicago) and have the humidification set to auto. The room is set to 69-70 and I run a small humidifier already.
Post Reply Post Reply
What does all this OSCAR data mean? Help?

Ive attached my OSCAR data from last night. My AHI still looks good but what is this missing data mean? Faulty machine? Faulty user? Help!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What does all this OSCAR data mean? Help?
The gap shown in the zoomed in view happened when you either removed the mask or stopped the machine for a minute. It was long enough for the machine to end one session and start a new one - as can be seen in the yellow and blue session bars below the Statistics panel on the left.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 51 11 hours ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 66 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 404 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 145 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 174 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.