Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Intermittent desaturations during sleep
RE: Intermittent desaturations during sleep
Try higher pressure (either by increasing in CPAP mode or changing to APAP mode and letting machine increase pressure as it feels fit) and see if it improves your average SPO2 and ODI values. APAP mode could help by increasing pressure only at times when you need it.
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='Crimson Nape' pid='397010' dateline='1622674288']
OK here is the snippet from the Viatom Wiki:
[quote]
The downloaded session files will be stored in /Users/YourUserNameHere/Library/Containers/com.viatom.O2PCViewer-BLE/Data/Library/Application Support/O2_Insight_Pro/DATA/SerlalNumber.

The "Library" folder is hidden by default, but you can still reach it by pressing cmd-shift-G and entering "~/Library" in the file selection dialog.
[/quote]

This is from a member that had the same problem.  He added this after using the steps above:
[quote]
You have to go to the menu all the way too left of the screen “Apple icon, File, View, Data, Help.

Select Data select Import Viatom Data it brings you right to the folder with the serial number that is on the back of your device, hit open.
[/quote]

Since I'm not a Mac-ie, the above is Greek to me.  Big Grin

Upon clicking on the Oximetry Import Wizard (icon on right side of OSCAR), it states:

"OSCAR is currently compatible with Contec CMS50D+, CMS50E, CMS50F and CMS50I serial oximeters. (Note: Direct importing from bluetooth models is probably not possible yet)"

I am therefore confused because it allows Viatom data to be imported to OSCAR here:

[/size][Image: ftWZ4yE.png]

Couple more questions:

Is this all the data VIATOM reports to OSCAR?

Why doesn't the data above correlate with anything reported on the 02 Insight Pro report?
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR reads everything that is in the Wellue/Viatom data file. Besides the statistical data that you listed, it provides graphs in the Daily and Overview screens and provides an output on the Statistics page. To make it easier, what are you wanting that isn't there?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Re-reviewing my oximeter readings. Does anyone know what a normal 02 score is? I seem to get over 9% on most nights.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dude, you are over emphasizing on your O2 saturation. You need tol relax. As most people here have already told you, general spikes on O2 saturation are meaningless. Your O2 saturation seems well withing the normal average as your device is indicating (averaging between 94 to 97% ) and its pretty good and "normal".
There, happy?:-)
No one is 100% average. Maybe only the lord himself, depending on how many Budweisers he has had:-)
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2021, 07:44 PM)MCS2014 Wrote: Re-reviewing my oximeter readings. Does anyone know what a normal 02 score is? I seem to get over 9% on most nights.

The maximum O2 Score that O2 Insight will report is 10.0. Before I was using the CPAP mine was literally 0 most nights. Now with the CPAP I'm above 8.0 all the time, good nights are above 9.0. I don't know what "normal" is but all the other data I get from OSCAR tells me the CPAP is mostly working for me. Note that O2 Score is some synthetic measure that Viatom made up. I've never been able to find a precise definition, all they say is "O2 Score is a measure of oxygen shortage during whole sleep. It combines frequency, duration,and depth of oxygen drops." It's helpful comparing the score from one night to the next but I wouldn't get hung up on what it means by itself.

It's worth understanding the underlying numbers. The graph of oxygenation (SpO2) is the primary measurement; normal health people are well above 90% the whole time they're asleep and don't have major drops. Also the "ODI 4%" number, which is the number of times per hour your SpO2 drops more than 4% in a short period of time. Ie: desaturation events. ODI 4% is a measure of your blood oxygenation similar to how AHI is a measure of the interruptions to your breathing. (ODI 3% is the same thing, just with 3% drops instead of 4. The medical literature differs on which measure they use so the software reports both.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Noticing a pattern in that the majority of my drops occur within the first hour of sleep. Any significance to this?
Post Reply Post Reply
Some kind of malfunction in wake to sleep handoff or lots of SWJ/sleep wake junk?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey MCS did you ever get to the bottom of why your oxygen drops with cpap? I’m going through the same thing
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2021, 12:00 AM)Stephenie.welch Wrote: Hey MCS did you ever get to the bottom of why your oxygen drops with cpap? I’m going through the same thing

Sorry for the delay, just saw this now. No, still a mystery.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Equipment] Intermittent "mooing" noises from (new) machine marylee 3 295 01-29-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Very intermittent nasal cushion collapse BillfromMissouri2 4 383 12-10-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,361 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  Intermittent large breaths jwest 0 292 08-20-2023, 02:02 AM
Last Post: jwest
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 807 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.